michigan camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michigan camping

what are some good campgrounds that are not in the up I live in redford and I don't mine driving but no more then an hour please help

Re: michigan camping

Howdy shona! Good to hear from you again. Here is a link to some MI campgrounds.

http://www.michigan.org/places-to-st...s/default.aspx

Last time I was through Detroit(motor city) it was more than an hour from one end to another! heehee..... You may have more than an hour drive, but once there to the campground, you're there!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hey shona.
      Did you make it to Yellowstone last year?
      How's the RV going? Hope it didn't cost you too much to get it in gear.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I love the camper but its to much for my car so we are back to our tent (we liked it better anyway) and no I didn't get to Yellowstone still on my list and great to be back missed it:cool:

Comment

An hour away from Redford does limit you a lot. I mean, there are only maybe five good campgrounds in all of Southeast Michigan. I would check out Holly Recreation Area. If you want to put in a little more time, the tip of the Thumb has two great state parks with excellent campgrounds.

Comment

Oh. If you're tent camping, be sure to ask our group on Facebook. facebook.com/MichiganTentCamping

Comment

Try the Pontiac Lake Recreation Area. It's quite near Redford, about 15 or so miles.

Comment

If you are willing to up it to 2 hours go to South Higgins Lake State Park. One of the best if not they best state park in Michigan. If you are looking for a place to stay on Lake Michigan, Muskegon State Park is very nice. And Michigan Adventures is only 15 mins north of there. I have been to 33 of the 98 state parks so far.
                Schmoo.

Comment

Working...
                X