Tent Camping in Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent Camping in Illinois

Hello Everyone, me and a couple of my friends want to go camping in August before we go back to school. This is a first time camping for us in over 10 years so we are a little rusty. We want a camping site that isn't too crowded, that is only or at least primarily only tent camping, we want a wooded area and would like to be able to fish and go hiking. What is a good camping ground with the conditions I listed above in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, in a 4-5 driving distance from Skokie, IL? Also we are all over 21, so we also want a camping ground where alcohol is not prohibited. Thank you in advance for all your replies .

Re: Tent Camping in Illinois

Welcome to CF! I moved your question here to the Central United States because you are asking about a specific area to go camping. You'll get more responses here. Thanks.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Re: Tent Camping in Illinois

Apankr2! I would like to share an experience that I made when I had the problem of finding a camping ground in Southern llinois. We wanted to have a wooded area and and a camping site that isn't too crowdy. So, me and a couple of friends where just driving along the interstate looking for a site. When we didn't find a suitable one we were just leaving the interstate and drove into a wooden area. After a mile or two we stopped and built our tent. When the Ranger came along he was friendly and polite though we were drinking alcohol. I think that was the most relaxed camping holiday I've ever had.

Comment

Working...
      X