Why am I not able to post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I not able to post?

I have to tried to post on a few threads and after I hit post it disappears. As I type this I really don't expect it to post. Have I been suspended for some reason?

Re: Why am I not able to post?

The one showed up.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

In the past I have had some issues with slow response times and getting responses posted on some boards; when it happens it is usually because something is wrong with my computer (including the mouse or keyboard) or the internet connection, rarely but occasionally with my IP or a site; most recently my DSL modem failed intermittently (confusing and frustrating) and I had to replace it.
      Switching to windows 10 (insidious) seemed to cause problems some of which remained after switching back to W7 even after replacing the hard drive and doing a fresh install (my mother board or memory might be failing).
      I have had issues with adware and spy ware caused problems (I now remove cookies and sweep my machine for viruses, rootkits and ad/spy/malware daily).
      Yesterday, I installed Avira (free) and it found several Trojans that were missed by both Panda and Comodo; so far it seems to play well with my other protection software;
      http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus

Enjoy!
      Last edited by Happy Joe; 02-27-2016, 07:25 AM.
      2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
      For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
      Ground tents work best for me, so far.
      Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I would start by removing all the antivirus programs
        Most of them are worse than the virus themselves
        And just run windows defender
        With 4 antivirus programs you cant keep track of which one is putting up a firewall blocking your posts

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
          I would start by removing all the antivirus programs
          Most of them are worse than the virus themselves
          And just run windows defender
          With 4 antivirus programs you cant keep track of which one is putting up a firewall blocking your posts
          Except AVG. That #$@%b took me 3 hours to remove and required opening "Command Prompt".:aww:
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Btw, windows antivirus (both defender and security essentials) missed these Trojans.
            Microsoft antivirus usually places pretty low in detection/protection tests/ratings, although it is better than nothing, it is often/usually turned off by other antivirus programs.
            The windows firewall is also often turned off by firewall software.
            Personally I have never traced an unable to connect problem to an antivirus (a slow connection yes but not and unable to connect issue).
            I have traced unable to connect issues to limits on network detection however (sometimes in firewalls or firewalls that are a part of protection packages) often in the OS.
            IMO most viruses are transferred by surfing iffy sites and downloading or opening iffy material/attachments.

Multiple antiviruses and multiple firewall software are not recommended due to interactions and sometimes excessive use of limited machine resources.
            Here are some free programs that I have tried over the last few years;

Malwarebytes - good to very good but sometimes does not play well with others; when I have this on a machine it is not running in the background; I only use it for an occasional sweep not real time protection.
            Avast- good but includes popup adds and has been associated with third party "improve your computer/fix your computer" offers that seem to produce more credit card charges than improvements).
            Panda - has yet to detect anything on my equipment, it does play well with others.
            Adaware - good but regularly has issues with others.
            Comodo internet security premium fair to good but may not be as secure as it seems, mostly plays well with others... has caught things that Defender and /or Security Essentials missed.
            windows defender- fair
            Windows security essentials better than the original defender, if its still supported - plays well with others.
            Spybot search and destroy- haven't used the newer versions, used to play pretty well with others. Uses whitelists for safe sites and has hosts protection (may help prevent some browser hijack attempts)
            Spyware blaster - Plays well but It has never alerted me to an issue, has hosts protections (may help prevent some browser hijack attempts)
            Anvira- new to me and works well so far; has caught things that Comodo and Panda antivirus missed.

Enjoy!

edit; always establish a recovery point before installing new software...
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Thanks everyone! With your help I figured out I usually post at work during a break. It is the new virtual Desktop I'm using. I spoke with IT and they said if I want to post on a safe site just to go to my regular desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Denni2 View Post
                Thanks everyone! With your help I figured out I usually post at work during a break. It is the new virtual Desktop I'm using. I spoke with IT and they said if I want to post on a safe site just to go to my regular desktop.
                Great the prob is resolved!
                2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

you can also try adding campingforums.com to list of trusted sites
                  in IE its settings then compatibility view settings

Comment

Working...
                  X