Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adios, So Long, Auf Wiedersehen, Good-bye!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adios, So Long, Auf Wiedersehen, Good-bye!

Alright, I've had enough. Either this place is without moderation, or the Gestapo entry rules prevent me from participating, and at this point that is fine by me. I realized early on in following this forum that participation was low and myopic. Sadly, it is trolled by only a few active members. I realized early that because of my 50+ years of camping/trailering/motorhoming that I probably had a broader knowledge base offer others, and that my time would be spend giving knowledge rather than enriching myself. I came to learn, not to pontificate. After you reach the age of 50 you realize that most of your years are behind you, and you re-evaluate how you spend your valuable time. You don't suffer fools. I have wasted enough of my precious time returning here to see if I had been given the keys to the kingdom. Apparently I shit in my hat somehow with someone, and I could care less. Your loss, not mine. I was a happy camper before I ever darkened your door, and I shall be a happy camper after I am gone. Thank you for not giving me entry: Your gift of giving me back the time I otherwise would have wasted on here is the greatest gift you could have given me.

Somehow I don't believe my lack of participation here will detract from my future happiness. I won't be back. Y'all resume your limited circle-jerk...

Re: Adios, So Long, Auf Wiedersehen, Good-bye!

You have 19 posts, You aren't moderated any longer. Not sure what issues you are experiencing,
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Night Train - You have me wondering how will I ever camp again without your end-all-be-all knowledge.

Ummm... not really. For someone with so many years behind them, the childish sour grapes reaction you just threw out is both pathetic and hilarious. If some simple online confusion sends you into pondering your life and ranting about it, I recommend a two-week trip to the mountains. Maybe it'll bring you back to reality.

Yes, you definitely shit in your hat. Wear it proudly..

Comment

Rules are rules, plain and simple. Should have read them before you joined.

Comment

rofl 19 posts and he's sick of it all. :D

Comment

Please forgive me for having a bizarre sense of humor that made me want to come back to this. I thought about this thread while I was driving around for work and it made me laugh. Concentrating on this was a lot better than cussing out the idiot drivers. Anyway, I thought I'd share my chuckles with the group (no matter how small and myopic we are) Figuring SmiteTrain might be curious enough to still be watching to see his underlings reactions, here's how it all played out in my mind:

I've had enough.
            It seems you're easily filled up

Gestapo entry rules
            Really? A Nazi reference? Pretty harsh for a mere camping forum...

participation was low and myopic
            ...but growing

trolled by only a few active members
            Typically, a troll is someone who tries to disrupt the flow of a forum. In this case, that would be you.

because of my 50+ years of camping/trailering/motorhoming that I probably had a broader knowledge base [to] offer others
            What books have you written on the subject of camping? Would we recognize your name on any of the best seller lists?

my time would be spend [sic] giving knowledge rather than enriching myself
            It must be lonely sitting on top of the world

I came to learn, not to pontificate.
            And yet, you did.

After you reach the age of 50 you realize that most of your years are behind you, you re-evaluate how you spend your valuable time.
            That point I'll concede

You don't suffer fools.
            Evidently your sense of introspection is severely lacking

I have wasted enough of my precious time returning here to see if I had been given the keys to the kingdom.
            Guess it never occurred to you that there could have been a valid reason for the delay, huh? Websites do glitch. Webmasters do go on vacation.

Apparently I shit in my hat somehow with someone
            Also as previously mentioned, yes, you did. Need some baby wipes?

and I could care less.
            Actually, the phrase is, "couldn't care less". Could care less would mean that there's a possible level of concern even lower than you currently feel.

Your loss, not mine.
            That very subjective - and presumptuous of you.

I was a happy camper before I ever darkened your door, and I shall be a happy camper after I am gone.
            I, for one, am happy for your happiness

Thank you for not giving me entry
            You had it, so there's no reason for anyone to say you're welcome

Your gift of giving me back the time I otherwise would have wasted on here is the greatest gift you could have given me.
            You must not get many good gifts

Comment

Possibly the most popumus, self-entitled, holier than though post I've ever seen.

I suggest you take valuable time and knowledge and share it with someone who cares.

By the tone of your post, I suggest you find a mirror and talk to it. Most likely that will be the only person who will listen to you blow smoke, up your own arse. :cool:

sigpic

Comment

that was entertaining
                weird yet entertaining,

Comment

Well, if the OP is that dissatisfied, he is free to move on...... Nobody is keeping him here, holding his hand. We are all consenting adults. The majority of us have no problem with this forum, the way it is moderated, and John-John and RDF do a good job. As to "participation was low and myopic" - I googled up several camping forums when I went looking. This one is by far the most heavily traveled and has a good user base. ANY computer forum has a dedicated 'core membership' that pretty much drive it, and give it the 'character' it has. I like it here.
                  As for the OP, you can go as you like. And don't let the tent flap hit your butt on the way out.
                  Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I've been on several forums that didn't turn out like I thought they'd be. If I didn't message the admin to ask them to delete my posts and close my account, I just left and didn't go back. With this, I was hoping to get another round of rage from him. Out of the blue crap like that really is amusing to me.

Comment

Let's just let it go. We have a pretty good group, let's just leave it at that.
                      Nights camped in 2019: 24
                      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

my account is disabled? cant post

Comment

http://www.campingforums.com/forum/a...ement.php?f=32
                          JohnJohn
                          ---------
                          Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
                          X