Why was I banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why was I banned?

What is this issue about. A moderator accidentally banned someone, that person has a new user ID. What needs to be done?

edit: You've been reinstated.
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
      What is this issue about. A moderator accidentally banned someone, that person has a new user ID. What needs to be done?

edit: You've been reinstated.
      Short answer? You.

Longer answer? Give renodesertfox the ability to actually FIX an issue like this. A workaround is unacceptable and should be unnecessary.

Your answer to this issue has helped me make my decision regarding my future on this site. This will be my last post and visit to this site.

Have fun camping, everyone.
      Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Originally posted by immortal_ben View Post
        Short answer? You.

Longer answer? Give renodesertfox the ability to actually FIX an issue like this. A workaround is unacceptable and should be unnecessary.

Your answer to this issue has helped me make my decision regarding my future on this site. This will be my last post and visit to this site.

Sorry to hear that.

The software only allows an administrator to reinstate. Since I've never actually met "renodesertfox" giving someone the reins to the site as a full on admin may not be prudent. Don't misunderstand I have talked with "renodesertfox" on many occasions and trust him. Giving someone full admin capabilities without proper training might cause more of an issue than just an accidental banning, as was the case here.

The root of this problem is that I have not been here to reinstate, for this I apologize.
        JohnJohn
        ---------
        Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by immortal_ben View Post
          Short answer? You.

Well, crap. Ben was one of the best members on this forum. I might look into making my own camping forums.
          Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
            Well, crap. Ben was one of the best members on this forum. I might look into making my own camping forums.
            bummer, guess I should hang out here more.

I've been opening two coffee shops in the past 6 months and have a pretty full plate. Don't take that as an excuse though. Those of you sticking around I will take a more active roll.
            JohnJohn
            ---------
            Forum Admin

Comment

let's all put it down as a lesson learned and move on.
              2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Working...
              X