Imbedding Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imbedding Images

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I'll try anyway...

How can I imbed images into a post? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and will make some of my posts much more enjoyable to read while keeping the web traffic here on the forum (rather than sending people off to my picasa web albums).

After a few google searches, I did find out how to imbed images!

Comment

What did you do? What's the skinny?

Is this what you did?....the absolute easiest and fastest way to post pics in a thread where you don't need to figure out the codes (you can learn them later) is to store your photos free at Webshots, or Photobucket, Flickr, Picasa. They post the code under every picture so you would just copy and paste this code into the message. The code to copy starts with
      < this bracket

then this 'img src'without the quote marks

then =

then post the URL here

then close with this bracket>

The one thing you should also do is change the pic size so it is not too big. Photobucket gives you an edit button above every pic and your final pic should be around 100k or less. I just hit the REDUCE BY 50% button and that usually does it for me.

To post by typing the HTML code yourself: ...First you must post your pictures in an online album like , etc.

Then you use the code

< this bracket

then this 'img src'without the quote marks

then =

then post the URL here

then close with this bracket>

To get the URL of a picture go to your album picture and right click on the full size picture. Left click on properties and copy the ENTIRE URL address from that window. Then go to the above code and take out the words URLofpicture and paste in what you copied. You can practise posting at the test forum test forum A couple of hints: Make sure you get the entire URL...some can be quite long and snapfish you need to get all 3 lines so pull your cursor past the first two so that you can copy the hidden 3rd line. Snapfish's URL's usually end in the letters si.

Make sure you type the code correctly..a lot of people mix up src and type scr and it will not work!
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-18-2010, 09:14 AM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I use picasa to store my photos and found that the following works...

Next to each photo in your picasa web album, Google shows a link that reads "Embed in Blog/MySpace". Below that link, you'll see a box beside "Hide album link". Check that box and then copy the HTML code.

Back in your camping forums post, click on the "Insert Image" button and paste in the dialog box, the HTML code you copied from picasa (or whatever site you use).

Here's the trick...your photo should then automatically show up BEFORE you finalize your post. If it doesn't, something is wrong.

Comment

Another site that is 100% free to upload to help you post photos here on cf is:
          tinypic.com. It is 100% free!

Sites like Flickr, Webshots, Photobucket do have free abilities but limit the space a person can use to store images. They then charge a price for more space. Tinypic.com is 100% free. I have 10 gb of photos on there...in the neighborhood of 9,000 photos and it's still free. It is also a good place to store copies of photos if the unthinkable happens like a computer crash! Yikes!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I tend to favor Villagephotos.com, butthey do have a limit on the number of pics. They are very 'user-friendly' though.
            I do also use Photobucket, but when I was on dial-up, they were very slow and clunky to work with. It's much better now on DSL, but they still are a bit clunky in navigating.
            I will try Tinypic and see how they do! Thanks, Brent!
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
            X