Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i stop condensation in the roof of my poly/cotton tent

Hi All,

How would I go about stopping the build up of condensation in the roof of my poly/cotton tent?

The roof does look very faded compared to the rest of the tent. Should I buy some spray on water proofing and apply this to the outside and inside of the roof? would this help?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

regards Mike

Re: How do i stop condensation in the roof of my poly/cotton tent

Condensation on inside or outside of tent? Inside you may have to ensure adequate ventilation (little opening or two) to let moisture from breathing out.
    Last edited by hickory; 05-23-2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parrot_king View Post
      Hi All,

How would I go about stopping the build up of condensation in the roof of my poly/cotton tent?

The roof does look very faded compared to the rest of the tent. Should I buy some spray on water proofing and apply this to the outside and inside of the roof? would this help?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

regards Mike
      Hi and welcome parrot king.

Roofs do take the brunt of sun and rain issues in most climates so the fact it's faded makes sense.

What does your tent's manufacturer say about maintenance? I guess I'd be more definitive if I knew what kind of tent you had or at least the percentage of cotton and polyester the roof was composed of.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Hickory hit the nail on the head - The only way I know to reduce condensation is by ventilation and/or heat.

Comment

Working...
        X