what am I allowed to do and not do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what am I allowed to do and not do?

Hello, I don't want to accidentally get banned for overstepping my bounds. I know as a newly registered member I am subjected to moderation for the first 6 or so posts to make sure I'm not a spammer, and I totally get that. I know I am not allowed to private message other registered users until my moderation period is over, and even then must redo all of my settings to be able to send and receive messages. Am I allowed to do visitor messages on member's profiles? or request friends before my moderation is over?

Through reading a lot of the past questions over topics I'm looking into, I'm realizing that there are a couple people I would like to ask questions, about their experiences.

Or would it be better to post my questions in new threads, even though some of them have been covered already? how old is too old to comment on a post instead of starting a new thread? should I just start a new thread repeating old questions for more up to date answers? So that other members (and guests) can be helped by the shared information? If the people I want to specifically ask don't reply to those is it ok to then go ahead and post on their wall, or send them a friend request?

Just trying to figure out what's best so that I'm not stepping on toes or being an inconvenience. :D

Thank you renodesertfox! Are you the only moderator?

Re: what am I allowed to do and not do?

Anyone may ask any question at any time even if the question has already been covered before. You are at your 5th post so you only have ONE more post to be moderated, then you're good to go. Yes once your moderation period is over you'll get your own profile page and allowing pm(private messages) is easy to put into place in settings. You shouldn't feel that you are stepping on anyone's toes, ask whatever, that is a concern to you. Yes, at the present I'm the only mod. Sending messages and asking for another friendship is okay as soon as one's moderation period is over. Some campateers get through the mod period quickly and some do not, just depends on how active one wants to be. This weekend May 10 -13th I'm going camping so I won't be around to moderate until next week. Good luck to thee and welcome to the best camping forum on the net!
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-10-2013, 12:35 AM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thank you so much!! I'm excited to be here and have been telling my boyfriend about it over and over for the past two days. I'm very glad I found this site. :D Hope you have tons of fun on your camping trip this weekend. :D

Comment

Congrats back to you! You now have your own profile page & successfully made it through the moderation period! It's always good to check out you're profile to see who has visited your page and to make adjustments on how to send & receive pms. You can also create photo albums of any sort, they don't have to specifically be about camping but it is fun to do! Everyone hopes that your stay with CF will be a long and inspiring camping journey!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

If you come across a post and have a question feel free to reply your question in the thread.
          Also feel free to start a new thread with any questions you may have
          Welcome and enjoy

Comment

Thank you so much you guys! I went out of town for mother's day and am excited to be back and get into the swing of being a member here!

Haha, terasec, I'm reading posts from back in like 2010 and 2006. :D

Comment

Working...
            X