This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderation Period: How Long, How Much

The moderation period for anyone just finished registering and attempting to post their 1st comment, question or subject depends upon the new registered user. Some new users finish it in a couple of hours, some it may take a couple of days, and there are others where it'll take a couple of months. Let me explain: The moderation period lasts from 4 to 6 posts or threads. Some new users can make all the comments in a single visit, others it may take a couple of weeks, others a couple of months and oddly even some a couple of years. What is the best way to get through the moderation? Honesty, truthfulness, and it's totally up to the new user. How active does one want to become? Management hopes that everyone visits at least once a day. Joyfully, I'm here when I'm not camping! Instead of calling a new user a newbe and an old member a know-it-all, we like to label everyone as "a Campateer"! Reminds me of the ol Mickey Mouse Club I use to watch on the black & white TV back in days of yore!:rolleyes:
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-14-2013, 11:56 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Moderation Period: How Long, How Much

The moderation period is set up this way to ensure that some individuals appear as real honest campers at first but by their 2nd or 3rd or even their 5th post they haven't posted a bad link or tried to spam the site. Usually a spammer is found out if not immediately, but their 3rd or 4th post. Some may see this as a bit excessive, but everyone before you that are registered as honest campateers here have gone through the moderation period. It's not that bad. And usually is complete in a couple of hours to a day or so.

What is spam? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_%28electronic%29
    Do you see any spam on this site? Hardly any! Thanks for reading!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
    X