posting restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posting restrictions

I just registered and was wanting to post in a thread in the Campouts and Outings section. It won't let me post, and that and two other sections at the top of the page show locks on them. How do I access to those? I looked in the FAQ help, but didn't find any information regarding this.

I promise I'll behave if I can post there, and not try to take over the world. :D

I lived in a tent for a few years and wanted to post in the living in a tent full time thread. It's actually what inspired me to register, now I can't post in it. :(

Re: posting restrictions

Hmm, well, I made a couple posts before, and they said they would be looked at by a moderator, but in the section I mentioned I wasn't allowed to post at all. Hope that changes when I hit that 6 post peak.

Comment

Welcome to the campfire Malamute! Sorry that it took sooooooooooooooooooooo long to moderate! Seems, that I went camping for a few days with no phone, no internet access it's nice to see that you waited without too much anxiety! This site is moderated by a human not a machine. I'm back now and looks like you're pretty much golden! Enjoy!

I have asked for wifi in the woods but the backcountry of Yellowstone/Grand Tetons just don't seem to help out much! Anywho thanks for waiting this minor delay out! Cheers!!!!!
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 09-04-2012, 06:47 AM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Cool, Thanks!

How did you enjoy the Tetons and Yellowstone?

Comment

Looks like I'm still stuck out of the top 3 sections. Tried to send a PM to Reno, but I wasn't allowed.

Comment

Malamute, after you have cleared the moderation period then you'll receive your own certified Community Page or Profile Page. You need to go into that page by clicking on your name and work through each of the boxes on the left hand column. Go through each box carefully and choose whether or not you want pms sent or received. The forum is not set up in a way that seems comfortable, because it is set up to stop spammers and hustlers from acquiring any personal & private information.

The first section where you tried to post has always been setup to have everything moderation....we know about this problem and are working to correct it. Please re-submit your response or thread and I'll see to it that you are passed on that subject. Thank you for your patience, the next time I get back online.

Comment

OK, thanks!

Will work of the profile settings.

Comment

hello guys, i was wondering if its ok to post questions like what are your reason or urge to do camping? just curious to know the reasons.. i have tons of questions but no worries, i dont flood or spam

Comment

MM....everyone here has had to go through the process of moderation of 4-6 posts or threads. A post is an answer to a thread. A thread is something started by you. You can ask whatever is on your mind concerning camping, even if it's been asked before! If you wanna discuss politics that's fine too, but that should be started in the "Off Topic" forum. If you have a flood of questions don't worry, start asking! Sometimes an individual can get through the moderation period in a couple of hours or days. It just depends on how active one wants to become on CF! Personally, I'm pleased as punch that you have joined and well on your way to becoming a dedicated campateer! Sure hope your time with us will be a long and happy camping trip whether at your campfire or at this one! There's always room on the log here! Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                  X