X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to let them go

Classic VASQUE Gore-tex hiking boots

These are real deal MADE IN ITALY nu buck Sundowner Skywalk sole

Size 11.5N (I never wear a narrow shoe but, when I had these sized at the outfitters the N fit better)

$50.00

I have been holding on to these for a while as they were my first "real" boots. Memories of some of my early backpacking trips are attached to seeing these in the closet. I got married, had kids, and life's distractions took me off the trails long enough to get fat and flatten my feet. Now these are too small in the toe box for trail use. They have little to no wear on the sole, and only a few nicks on the toes from rocks and the underside of my dashboard. these were the most comfortable boots I have ever used.They do not make this boot any longer. The new ones are made in China and people complain about them falling apart.
    This is a great deal for the right person. Message me with any questions or to work out details on how to get them to you.

Re: Time to let them go

I still have these boots

Comment

Re: Time to let them go

Wow, this is tempting. For folks that don't know the original Vasque Sundowner is a backpacking icon. They were copied by many during the fashionable hiking boot craze of the 1970's

The difference was that there was only one real Vasque

Single piece cowhide minimized stitching and thus stretching and helped keep them waterproof. High quality leather skin side out (unlike the fashion models that were flesh side out or cheap splits)

Vasque was an expensive boot back when China was not a trading partner. These boots were made in Italy and later in the USA. They were priced out of range alll but one of my friends. You could easily see the superior quality compared with the other wanna-be boots of the day

This is a good deal

They really protected

Comment

Working...
      X