looking for water tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for water tank

anyone have like a 5 gallon water tank welling to sell... going camping in jan.

Re: looking for water tank

Reliance 7 gal is $12 @ Wal-Mart. Comes with faucet.
    When I awoke, the Dire Wolf
    Six hundred pounds of sin
    Was grinning at my window
    All I said was, "Come on in".

Comment

Originally posted by Oldcoyote View Post
      Reliance 7 gal is $12 @ Wal-Mart. Comes with faucet.
      I would recommend reading the reviews on Amazon before buying one. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I tried two of them (thinking the first one was a fluke) and they both leaked at the spigot. Seems I wasn't alone.

Comment

Mac

I have several of the Reliance Aquatainers and you are correct, they leak a little. I tighten them down and it helps. I keep them over a sink in my trailer or over a bucket at the campground. If I will be gone a week, I turn the entire container (and spigot) vertical. I don't find it a major annoyance.

After two or three years, the plastic spigot breaks. I replace it with a metal 1/4 turn spigot from Home Depot installed with Teflon tape. That does the trick.
        Last edited by Oldcoyote; 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldcoyote View Post
          Mac

I have several of the Reliance Aquatainers and you are correct, they leak a little. I tighten them down and it helps. I keep them over a sink in my trailer or over a bucket at the campground. If I will be gone a week, I turn the entire container (and spigot) vertical. I don't find it a major annoyance.

After two or three years, the plastic spigot breaks. I replace it with a metal 1/4 turn spigot from Home Depot installed with Teflon tape. That does the trick.
          I solved the leak problem by creating gaskets with very thing beads of silicone adhesive. I haven't gotten to the broken spigot part but, from the looks of it, I figured it would happen sooner or later. They are pretty cheesy. I'll do what you did when the time comes, but I wouldn't use metal. I'd get a food grade poly spigot from a place like US Plastic.

Comment

and I thought it was a stomach virus!

Comment

Home depot sells 5 gallon buckets that are food grade and BPA free. I use one with my Sawyer all in one filter.
              Nights camped in 2019: 24
              Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
              X