Looking for a springbar tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a springbar tent

I just found this forum and it is very informative. Any way I am looking for a Springbar tent that sleeps 4 to 8 people. I am familiar with the different models so let me know what you have. I live in Apex,NC so some one close would be great but will entertain any sale from outside NC if shipping is not too costly. Let me know what you have. You can also e-mail me at goncampn@hotmail.com I am a seasoned tent,rv camper but occasionally like to rough it getting back to basics. I want a good quality American made tent and not CHINESE JUNK!! Let me know what you have.
    Thanks
    Augie Dog

Re: Looking for a springbar tent

Last time i looked the 2 manufactures of sringbar type tents are assembled in the states but the fabric in made over sea's..
    Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

you can check spring bars website, but most of us are partial to Kodiak Canvas Bow Flex Tents. I don't know of to many people who have springbar's. They do make a lot of accessories for them though....
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I'm thinking about selling my Kodiak Canvas 9x12.....
        I sent you a gmail

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I recently found a 10 x 14 Springbar tent in Beaufort,South Carolina.
          It is an older model but in very good condition. I am going to take time and go to the Blue Ridge Mtns. soon so I can test it out.

Comment

Be interested in some pics and a report after first use.

Comment

Uh, Chinese Junk? If you mean big-box imports for under $50, so be it. May I show you a half-dozen 1/2-Grand high-end models from the People's Republik that excel in state-of-the-art features for half the weight of any old-school canvas tents you can shake a stick at? Thought so - Just sayin'!
              Last edited by tplife; 08-04-2013, 10:23 PM.
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                Uh, Chinese Junk? If you mean big-box imports for under $50, so be it. May I show you a half-dozen 1/2-Grand high-end models from the People's Republik that excel in state-of-the-art features for half the weight of any old-school canvas tents you can shake a stick at? Thought so - Just sayin'!
                I'm not getting into a pissing match about tent manufacturers. I did my research and the Springbar meets my requirements. Now if you will go to their website and watch a video a customer posted of his Springbar 10 x 14 standing up to a tornado and the tent wins. If any of your state-of-the-art features can do that then we may have a discussion,until then I have a Springbar and I'm stickin to it!!

Comment

He already found the tent he was looking for and bought it. I would still like to see some pics when it is put up and a trip report.

Comment

Working...
                  X