CAMPINGFORUMS: LockPeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAMPINGFORUMS: LockPeg

I am very excited about getting into my next review. Today I received a special package New Zealand. Jake at LockPeg sent me out three full sets of there patent pending design ground anchors.

It’s a new concept in ground anchorage. The LockPeg is designed to stay in the ground while you sleep through the night. The triangular nature of the LockPeg resists vibrating loose. Normal pegs are prone to this, caused by wind gusts, consistently moving the peg around.

The LockPeg does not require precise angular insertion for a sufficient hold like ordinary pegs. Just hammer it in along with it's insert peg and rest easy.

The stainless steel LockPeg takes an ‘off the market’ peg as its second (although it does come with its own insert pegs). It will take up to a 6.3mm wire style insert peg.
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Lock pegs?

Howdy JohnJohn,

It looks pretty nifty. Hope you get to try them out sometime when it really does blow? Two weeks ago, we could have used them at Echo Bay lower Campground. The wind was sustained at 40mph with gusts to 50mph. Our tent is an Eureka 10x10 and I use those long standard thick metal pegs with the green plastic hook at one end. I hammer four for each corner and then I put up the top fly piece and that takes another four pegs. On extended campouts we erect a second tent for our supplies and that tent has nine pegs that I hammer into the ground. I always laugh when I see new tents with those little flimsy stakes what was the manufacturer thinking that people only camp when it's nice outside? So how much do these pegs your testing cost and a website would be helpful? The only good sleep I seem to get anymore is when I out down-range(out in the field). Living in the city when it's nice to sleep with windows opened the noisy police helocopters wake me often and we live in good part of town too, go figure? On the day after a windy night it is fun walking around looking, we saw one poor guy who decided that he had had enough of the wind and spent the rest of his night in a motel. We helped him look for his tent and it had blown over two miles away from where he had supposedly staked it. Then he showed us the stakes he was using and wanted us to back his story when he sent his tent back to the manufacturer for a refund. Luckily we were at Joshua Tree National Park in California and a big Joshua tree saved the tent from blowing to China. After he left, we had a really good laugh. He could really use those stakes you're testing.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
    X