Who's Camping April 2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Camping April 2013?

Easter Sunday is almost upon us and I'm caught napping! Anyway, who is planning on camping in April 2013. Whatever your plans are if they involve camping(staying out-of-doors) for at least a period of one night, here's the thread to reply to. One can be as general or as specific as one wants. As another great Campateer has said: "I live vicariously through the writings and camps of another!" It sure is fun to see what one's camping plans are! There are still many places buried in snow & cold and some plans have been put on hold because of it. But other places are warm & sunny. Backyard campouts count too! So who's camping April 2013?

Here I'll start:

I know I might just sleep in the backyard a few nights(looking to purchase a solo tent) when it stays above 40f, but for now that's not gonna happen at least for another week or so. The trout(Rainbow, Brown) in our freezer is growing thin and rivers are moving - but not too fast yet. I wanna get out there with my new knee and catch some before the thaw really begins!:o
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Who's Camping April 2013?

I might shovel out the mound where I believe my fire pit is and have a bonefire this weekend. They are calling for snow tomorrow and tomorrow night so it may have to be this saturday when we get a high temp of 39 degrees.

Comment

I'll be at Croft State Park near Spartanburg South Carolina next Thur 25-Sun 28. Getting together with some Coleman collector friends for a weekend. We are the Southeast group of the International Coleman Collectors Club. If you are in the area stop and visit. We will have various collectable Coleman items displayed and burning. These are generally liquid fueled dating from the 20's to the present. The ICCC has a convention this year in Tempe AZ June13-15 at the Mission Palms. It's open to public on the 15th. Stop and visit if you are in that area.

Comment

We are finally gonna get some relief from the snow and our camping season will begin next weekend. We have to do the pay and campground thing, but it is an early season tradition.
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Well, we got about 3 inches of snow last night. Suppose to start warming up tomorrow & be in the 58 - 63 degree range Friday thru Sunday. So, the wife & I decided we'd try to get the first camping trip in this weekend. I got the hitch put back in the truck this afternoon, so I just need to un-winterize it and get it loaded up. I go back to work Tuesday night for my 3 night shifts (12 hour shifts), so I hope I'm not gonna be pressed for time in trying to get ready. I'm really jacked up to go, so I hope it works out. Will keep ya all updated. Take care everyone!!

Sent via iPad2
          2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

well it is cold tonight, but they are forecasting low 70s over Saturday to Monday. We are headed down to Fish Creek Pond Campground close to Saranac , NY. We have not camped in a long time so this is going to be acclimatization. Hopefully it won't be too brutal. We are bringing our Greenland ll kayak because that water looks irresistible. Let you know how we make out.

Comment

Working...
            X