Camping Forums campout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping Forums campout

I don't know if anyone is interested in this, but has CF ever had a get together? I was thinking of an annual campout and maybe do a different location each year. What are ya'lls thoughts?
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Re: Camping Forums campout

Back in 2009 someone offered the idea for a meet-up of sorts. But didn't know how to go about organizing it. I took the bull by the horns and asked for votes of a choice of meeting places, everyone voted for a meet & greet in Colorado in 2010. Then dates were suggested and that was put to a vote by the then current membership & was decided for August 2012. Did it ever take place? No. It was very hard to get campateers from the east coast/west coast/New England/southern states to give up their time for driving to & from for a day or two get together. So the best thing is that someone in a regional area could pull it off for that region but as a national meet-up it's very un-likely to gather enough steam. That's where the idea of Campateer Surfing came about. If some Campateer is traveling to a specific destination another Campateer might offer their property, home as a place to stay for their fellow Campateer. I have had a few Campateer's stay at my residence, in Vegas & Reno. It's been fun meeting each other. But for a national get-together, it's very hard to organize one successfully, arranging for a specific cg's group area to be reserved & paid for is a whole other bucket of worms, let alone trying to encourage folks known only through web to meet & greet for a couple of days.

Officially: At this time CampingForums does not officially sponsor or facilitate any of these types of events. CampingForums assumes no liability for anything that may happen at these outings. These outings are planned and maintained by USERS of this forum. Any assumed association between CampingForums and any event would be false.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Yep, about the best we can do is for some members who will be in the same area get together. I have met one other member here, a year or two ago at a campground I frequent down here. We talked via PM or E-mail and set up our meet.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I think regionals would be best. If someone is coming to Colorado, let me know.
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

So place some general info in the thread Campateer Surfing about what one might offer a fellow Campateer if they are driving through your area.
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I'm a member of the International Coleman Collectors Club. We have an annual convention each year somplace different. We have decent turnouts but it is hard to get a date and place that the majority can make. About 4 years ago we started having regional meets also. That has really made a difference. Each area of the US sets there own time and place. Here in the SE we do a fall campout at a campground near Atlanta and a spring somewhere else in the SE. This sping it was South Carolina the year before it was in Tennessee. Give folks a drive that's less than a day and many will find a way make it. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
            X