?? Camping feburary 2013 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? Camping feburary 2013 ??

Howdy....if you're going camping during the month of February 2013 and would like to chat and share your plans with everyone, here is the thread to brag and share as much as you would like. Specifics should be left out but being general about up coming early spring(for some), deep winter(for others) campouts tells us what you are doing out in the wilderness.

For me, still mending my total knee replacement, exercising, pouring over maps, searching new areas to go camping to! Should be another great spring, once the snow begins to melt 'round here! Waterfalls will probably be spectacular! Hey, if your camping give us some skinny! It's always great to read what others are doing!! Thanks for looking! Hurry knee, heal!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: ?? Camping feburary 2013 ??

Had a trip planned for next week the 15th but work happened and am now trying to go the following week. If I don't make it out that weekend, won't get another chance till after March. Still planning on Carlsbad again, haven't had a lot of time to really plan anything else and I already know the trail and costs and all other details. I know... I'm taking the easy way out, but soon as work lets up on me, I'm gonna plan some different places to go.
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

I don't know if we will be able to get out this month, but I did manage to snag a couple of reservations for this summer at a couple of new spots. Had to pay $140 for them, but since that will be a 3 day weekend and a 4 day weekend at a lake with the wife kids, camping and canoeing will be worth it.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

going back to oneil end of feb or begining of march. anyone?

Comment

Hogsnapper:

You are several steps ahead of me on getting back to simplification. At least for backpack winter camping, I am going to leave the gas stove behind and use a home-made coffee can hobo stove.

Would you mind shaeing your packing list incuding the 8 gallon box?

Comment

to me that sounds too extreme for even car camping. i enjoy having the half roll of duct tape in my full tool box and the 3 different size ropes for hanging up the wet clothes. the extra roll of paper towells and tp are always nice to have. and i may not need a setting of 4 for utensils but their there just in case. as well as the 4 butane fire starters. if i was backpacking itd be a whole lot different but i like having most everything i need and the extras as the 50ft cord to plug in my 7 inch dvd player at nite. everybody is different. i figure why be uncomffortable or lacking if its not necessary. im here to enjoy myself but again were all different walks of life. imo.

Comment

that sounds ike fun too!

Comment

What vehicle are you using? I saw mention of leaving pavement.

Comment

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I would like to do some dispersed as well. I need to figure out where around here. Maybe Wayne National. I could be limited by my vehicle as its a bit low in the front (2nd gen Durango 4x4). Seems like there is more opportunity out west for it.

Comment

Dang hogsnapper you bet me to it.
                    Nights camped in 2019: 24
                    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Thanks for the help. I had looked around, but had difficulty figuring out what to look for. I think I am pointed in the right direction now.

Comment

Excellent camping report HS! Camping is a lifestyle that so well suits you!
                        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

were all set for march 1,2 and 3rd at oneil park in orange county, calif.
                          this should be in the march campouts but desertfox hasnt posted yet.

Comment

Went to the desert in Feb for a week long canoe trip on the lower Colorado. Colder than expected with heavy frost at night. The last night the wild donkeys were braying backed up by the coyote choir. Full moon rise over the River by a nice fire on the beach. River otter swam past camp and came back after 1/2 hour. Two owls in the tamarisk trees behind us. We were in a State Park to take advantage of the tables and beach. No one else around, not even pay dudes.

Comment

Working...
                            X