Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado

I am wanting to plan a camping trip to Colorado. I have friends stationed at FT Carson and was wandering if anyone knows of any good camping areas near Colorado Springs.

-Chad

Re: Colorado

I'm looking for similar. Wanting to take a trip up there this summer. Bought the Falcon hiking guide for Colorado and have been looking for a backcountry hike with possibly some snow still hanging around in July. From what I've read online, Odessa Lake will be packed with people and you pretty much have to make reservations early in the year. Are you looking for just camping grounds or trails?
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

There is no other way to put this. Colorado is full!!!! We have so many people coming here, moving and visiting that the "lure" of the Rocky Mountains is almost a myth. The entire Front Range from Colorado Springs to the Wyoming border is over populated. That being said you will find some nice places, you will just have to make reservations very early in the year. One of the best websites for making reservations is http://www.reserveamerica.com/ you can search by state, etc.

What type of spot are you looking for most of the federal spots have a vault toilet and no shower. Most state parks have a coin op shower and some even have a coin op laundry mat.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

The Waldo Canyon fire was the most expensive in Colorado State history. It got right down into Colorado Springs. Firefighters were fighting house fires, block by block, house by house. Many, Many houses were lost and 2 people lost their lives. It was unbelievable the way the fire jumped the lines and went into the city. They had to turn off electricity and gas lines to the fire area. The worst part of this fire is they believe it was arson. 2012 was a very bad year for Colorado and wildfires.
        If you want to read about the fire.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldo_Canyon_Fire
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
        X