Who's Campin Nov. 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Campin Nov. 2012

Howdy Campateers! If you are going camping during the month of November and you'd like to share a little or alot, here's the monthly thread to post up! Your campout might just be in the backyard or at a National Park, it doesn't matter as long as you are camping and wanna chat about it! Have fun!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Who's Campin Nov. 2012

Does sleeping outside the best buy on Thanksgiving count?
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

My wife and I are camping 15, 16, 17, and 18 November. The 30th. annual PRI motorcycle campout (1982 ~ 2012), weekend before Thanksgiving. I'll ride the scoot, and wife will bring the camp kit in the truck... quiet time will not be observed!
      Phil
      Group: Canvas
      Kodiak 6010 Flex-Bow canvas
      Springbar Outfitter 3 canvas

Comment

Moving my trip back a week to Thanksgiving weekend. Gonna hit the trail and explore a little farther than I made it last time. Hoping to get to my designated campground and go day hiking the next day and put my skills with a map and compass to the test. Didn't really get to do much with the map and compass last time out there as we never really left the canyon. This time planning on finding a spring that the map shows and a few other things I'd like to see.
        "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Yes, it counts! If you're not at home and you consider it camping, well then it is camping! Happy for you! We purchased a second jeep, so my wife can drive herself to work(can't drive the 350Z in the snow or on ice)! And we purchased a wood burning stove for the family-room which will keep me warm while shooting billiards on the pool-table we purchased in August. Planning on snow camping in December but that is still a ways off for next month's thread. LOL

Comment

Our motorcycle campout was a real success, started on the 14th. and ended today. (18th.) Photos at Coonbottom_2012 if you are interested in motorcycle campout/rally.

Phil
            Group: Canvas
            Kodiak 6010 Flex-Bow canvas
            Springbar Outfitter 3 canvas

Comment

Sweet beans! Great photos! Phil, thanks for sharing! Gotta love canvas!

Comment

I went car camping at Long point park campground in Sebastian Florida on Nov 4th to the 7th. I had a great three nights. The campground is on a 85 acre island in the middle of the Indian river in Sebastian Florida. Water front campsites all around the island and more in the center of park. All kinds of tropical birds and wood storks to see. The fishing is great and with in the first half hour i caught 4 jack and 2 trout. Its a must see campground and very clean. It cost me 25 dollars a night for electric and water and a roomy campsite. And the best part was no bugs since it was cool. Enjoy the pics.. http://s1342.beta.photobucket.com/us..._0597.jpg.html
                Attached Files
                Last edited by swebob; 11-19-2012, 06:07 PM.
                Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
                  Does sleeping outside the best buy on Thanksgiving count?
                  HAHAHAHAHA. That was me! If it counts, camping in November was great. Had entertainment, snacks and got a kickass tv for a great price.

- Timberline

Comment

Well end of November but I may be camping the next coming weekend which will be the 2nd weekend of December. Supposed to be learning about cold weather camping / like skills to keep warm with the scouts. Should be fun. We aren't in the negatives this time of year (yet) but it should easily be way below freezing over night....

Comment

I normally tent camp but am going to try shelter camping due to tempretures. I am taking my 5 year old and his new puppy. We are so excited I bought a new dutch oven I am dying to bake in. Also looking forward to a little hiking and a fire most of the day with a great book and a few games with littleman. We are taking a weekend first of december and then Christmas break for a week.

Comment

Have fun out there... hope the you, the youngster and the pup have a great time
                        "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Comment

Thank you we are so excited. I have been checking out chuck boxes. I think I found a simpl, easy and fairly light container. So two new items. Am I ever going to stop improving? My goal is to become light yet have what I need that I can handle myself.

Comment

I know what you mean... still getting different items all the time. Some for when I car camp and others for backpacking and hiking.

Comment

Working...
                            X