Clear All

Re: Camping? March 2012?

Here's a good link to where we're going at the end of the month:

http://www.hikingupward.com/gwnf/coldmountain/
    2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Hey, that looks nice, busere!

I think my friend and I are headed here... http://www.toddshikingguide.com/Hike...o/Salome13.htm
      Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

I'm back from my long week-end, which got a bit shortened:
        • Thursday: some work projects detained me. By the time I was ready to get on the road, weather conditions at my destination were 40mph winds. And rain. I decided to stay at home instead of setting up my tent in the dark in that weather.
        • Friday: early start. Warm day. Good for R&R at the campsite.
        • Friday night: Though we have not had "normal" weather all winter, "normal" arrived. Temps got down to 25, but I was prepared. Slept 12 hours ...
        • Saturday: drove all over the Eastern Shore of Maryland to visit a Wildlife Refuge
        • Saturday night: Temps down to 30. But a clear night. I got to see gazillions of stars, which I can't see when I'm at home. Woke to all kinds of singing birds. Lovely.
        • Sunday: Toured another Wildlife Refuge; mesmerized by all the different kinds of waterfowl.

Peaceful, quiet weekend.
        Last edited by GlitterHiker; 03-11-2012, 03:30 PM.
        Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Welcome back, Glitter

Glad to hear you were prepared for the cold temps and that you had an awesome time.
          Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

I am supposed to be off this weekend and I plan on hitting the Painted Rock Conservation Area this weekend. I will prob get odd work on Friday and drive there and spend friday and Saturday nights there and come home on Sunday. I wanna try out the stocked gluegill pond they have there.

Comment

Woot! two day's till Cole Mountain and Mount Pleasent! Supposed to rain, but it'll still be good!
              2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Working...
              X