Who's Camping Feb 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Camping Feb 2012

Many of us have had a cold hard winter, those in the southern states have already had early tornadoes and some extreme weather. Rain in Texas that has been needed for some time. Others have had a mild warm winter....well, if you are planning a camping trip during the month of February 2012 and would like to share here's the thread to chat about your plans. You may be as specific or not so as you wanna be. But it is fun to share experiences and learn from one another. Also if you would like to give us a camping report from a February camping trip you may also do that here too!

If you want to start your own thread though you may do that as well, but admin may move your thread to this thread to keep everything tidy. Thanks for looking and hopefully someone is planning a campout during February 2012. Is it you?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Who's Camping Feb 2012

I camped one night in January, at a place called Giant Rock in Landers, Ca. It was a bit cold but my awesome sleeping bag kept me warm! It was myself and 3 other people. I was trying to get a larger group, but not many folks want to camp in January!

I'm hoping to camp in Indian Cove this month, which is part of Joshua Tree National Park.
    My Other Interest

Comment

I'm possibly going camping tomorrow or monday to test out my new Eureka Spitfire tend and Suisse sport mummy bag. Hopefully, I can go camping sometime in feb also.
      Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

I am headed out tomorrow (the 2nd) to stay until sometime Saturday afternoon/evening. This is a car camping trip with the guys on my security crew at church. Car camping... barely worth mentioning... does it even count? (I deride car camping for ME, not for those of you who enjoy it)
        Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Well, TECHNICALLY I camped in Feb, because I went out on 1-31 and came back 2-1 but I guess it doesn't count unless I am there overnight. I probably will go somewhere again in a couple weeks. Weekends are tied up for a couple weeks right now.
          Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

I say it counts, Shadow.
            Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Planning on this weekend hopefully if work will pan out like it should. The plan is to leave Friday and come back Sunday. Will be taking my dog Gus with me, just don't tell him I called him a dog... LOL. Am hoping he takes to camping and has a good time. Will be car camping at twin buttes again. Maybe this time the fish will be biting.
              "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Working...
              X