Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Camping: January 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Okay, If you're planning a camp-out during the month of January 2012 and want to share and brag a little bit, where you are going here's the thread to post your plans to! Thanks for looking! You can be as specific as you wanna be or as loose as a goose. A few years ago when I decided to ask, I was always posting this question while out down-range. Lives change and things aren't a fluid for us in northern Nevada, usually a very cold month. But we have campateers from all over and many from the southern states. Would be great to hear from you if you're planning on camping in January! We now also have a few campateers that camp full-time and it's always great to hear from them. Wish I was camping....:confused:
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Who's Camping: January 2012

Yep, sometime in the next month I am planning to go to Lake Livingston State Park in Texas with my girlfriend. Alternate plans are Goliad state park.
    Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Yep, the upcoming three-day weekend, Friday the 13th to Monday the 16th, is my seventh annual "Tour de Apalachicola Dual Sport Meet & Camp"! 50 or so motorcyclers get together at a little local campground for comradery, camping, riding and good food! I am the 'Big Kahuna' main contact dude, and have had it all set up with the campground owner/host for over a month now. She likes us - calls us the "Best Behaved and Most Fun Group" she's ever had. Brings much needed income for the campground during their usual 'dead time'. It's right on the edge of our National Forest riding area, and on the Ochlocknee River west of Tallahassee, Florida.
      Been too danged busy at work to camp much, so I'll finally get to test my new Eureka 2XT tent. If the weather gets too bad, I can sack out in my van. :cool:
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Sounds good ya'll! While you're camping Dawg...we'll be running our second u-haul east. Wish I was camping instead!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

had to pick up a second job so no camping for me in the near future :(

very jealous!

Comment

Was planning on getting out this upcoming weekend, but now I am starting to catch a cold and and still trying to decide. Maybe if Im better by Friday I'll head out. Was wanting to go out to OH Ivie and see that lake since the lake I've been going to is low by 40 feet or so. Cold front is supposed to be moving in so I doubt the fish would bite anyway. Just have to wait and see how I'm feelin. The rest of this month looks like I will be tied up and unable to go anywhere. I'll go have my theraflu nightcap and hope for a great weekend. LOL

WT
            "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
              Yep, the upcoming three-day weekend, Friday the 13th to Monday the 16th, is my seventh annual "Tour de Apalachicola Dual Sport Meet & Camp"! 50 or so motorcyclers get together at a little local campground for comradery, camping, riding and good food! I am the 'Big Kahuna' main contact dude, and have had it all set up with the campground owner/host for over a month now. She likes us - calls us the "Best Behaved and Most Fun Group" she's ever had. Brings much needed income for the campground during their usual 'dead time'. It's right on the edge of our National Forest riding area, and on the Ochlocknee River west of Tallahassee, Florida.
              Been too danged busy at work to camp much, so I'll finally get to test my new Eureka 2XT tent. If the weather gets too bad, I can sack out in my van. :cool:
              I have that tent, if you are talking about the Apex 2XT. It would take one heckuva storm to make me worry about it when its all guyed out properly. I would call it insanely sturdy for its price.

Edit: I will most likely pick a weekend to spend a couple or three nights outside this month.
              Last edited by immortal_ben; 01-04-2012, 09:12 PM.
              Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

With all this talk, now I want to get out for a night or two. Some days, we've had unusually warm weather (day temps in 50s, sometimes 60s). Nights typically have been above freezing.
                Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
                  With all this talk, now I want to get out for a night or two. Some days, we've had unusually warm weather (day temps in 50s, sometimes 60s). Nights typically have been above freezing.
                  I am really jealous of your warm weather... our highs have been in the mid/high 70's for about a flippin WEEK! I am getting tired of not having a proper winter.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Finally decided for sure today. I'm headed out in the morning to the lake I normally go to. Only stayin one night but hopefully the fish will be bitin. After the week I just had, could really use the down time and just get away from it all...LOL

WT
                    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Have a great time, man! Hope you catch a bunch. Bring us back some pics if you can.

Life is a verb.

Comment

The weather down here is unseasonably nice this weekend, so I think I am going to go camping Monday and Tuesday.
                        Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

I can't stand it ... I decided to go somewhere this upcoming week-end. Sorting my gear now, to make sure I have all my cold-weather stuff ready. Temps this weekend expected to top out ~35 during the day; night temps ~25.
                          Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
                            I can't stand it ... I decided to go somewhere this upcoming week-end. Sorting my gear now, to make sure I have all my cold-weather stuff ready. Temps this weekend expected to top out ~35 during the day; night temps ~25.
                            I wish we had those temps! Just today a buddy and I decided to go camping over the 20th-21st. I think we are going to head to the Superstition Mountains this time. I will bring back pics.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Yep, this three day weekend looks to be the best we've ever had for our camping meet - we usually see one insanely frigid night (teens or low twenties), and one night of rain. WeatherGuessers are promising mid to high thirties at night and sunny clear days! I work today (Tuesday) then I am off til the middle of next week! Can't wait to "Get Campin'!"
                              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X