Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Fall and I Need To Go to the Mountains!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Fall and I Need To Go to the Mountains!

Well, I have been waiting for Fall all year! It's my favorite time of year and I live for this time. It's football season, cooler weather and great tree color for my photography while camping and hiking. Looks like I may have to stay closer to home this year due to a family illness but I am going to get out there even for a day hike!

Teri
    "I don't like to trespass but sometimes you just find yourself over the line" - Bob Dylan
    Car Camping - Your Escape Shuttle to a Cutting Edge Vacation

Re: It's Fall and I Need To Go to the Mountains!

Have you been able to get out yet?
    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Originally posted by immortal_ben View Post
      Have you been able to get out yet?
      No, not yet. Had to put my father into hospice. It's been a difficult time but I am going to find some peace for myself by going out this weekend and taking some photos on a small hike. Just something to clear my hear for awhile.
      "I don't like to trespass but sometimes you just find yourself over the line" - Bob Dylan

Comment

Which Mountains are you talking about and what state?

Comment

I typically go to the Smoky Mountains in TN since it's not too far away and there's a lot of different hiking trails and things to photograph. This weekend I am just going to stay in GA and go to Red Top Mountain for awhile.

Comment

I lived in GA for nearly two years, but was never able to take advantage of it because of my military duties at the time. I did go camping one time down there, but a tropical storm came through and I ended up spending one day and one night holed up in the tent. Gotta say that the Coleman dome tent I had at the time did not leak, and with guy lines, withstood nasty winds far better than I had expected.

Let us know how your outing goes. Will you be bringing back pics to share with us?
            Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Working...
            X