July 2011 Who is Camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2011 Who is Camping?

Howdy Campateers Howdy, if you are planning a campout for the month of July 2011 and want to boost about it, here's the thread to post-up.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: July 2011 Who is Camping?

Oh oh oh!!! Me! I'm finally going camping this year! WooHoo!

We get to use the new-to-us utility trailer. We are so psyched! (Oh my, I think I'm dating myself with that expression. :p)

We'll be spending 5 nights at Lake Dennison, a lovely state park in Taxachusetts.
    "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
    ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

I wish! We did 2 weekend trips in June though. We are going to a family camp for 8 days. The oldest is there already. Then we'll all spend a week there together. It's called Mount Hermon, it's near Santa Cruz, CA. We are really looking forward to that!!! Our sleeping accomodations are in a lodge/hotel style building and all our food is included. That's actually the best part for me. No cooking, no cleaning! Then after being home for a week, the oldest is going with my husband to a week of American Heritage Girl camp with other troops from Southern California. It's being held at a Boy Scout facility and they are really excited! Busy month but no actual tent camping.

Comment

I'm heading to a campground in Pennsylvania for a few days during the 4th of July week. Actually, 4 nights; it will be my longest outing so far. Later in the month, I have a weekend planned at a Maryland state park.
        Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

I'm deck-camping tonite . The forecast is for a rare evening for the East Coast - clear skies, low humidity, and temps in the low 60s. My little tent "just" fits on my townhouse deck. I'm sleeping outdoors. My neighbors are laughing at me.
          Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
            I'm deck-camping tonite . The forecast is for a rare evening for the East Coast - clear skies, low humidity, and temps in the low 60s. My little tent "just" fits on my townhouse deck. I'm sleeping outdoors. My neighbors are laughing at me.

Remember sleeping on fire eascape when on 89th and Central Park West. Also on front porch while in Louisville, Kentucky. At that time the only AC was at the movies. They used fans blowing thru blocks of ice at one time for AC. And car AC's were huge units hung under the dash.
            But, could I be dating myself?
            Enjoy your evening out.

Comment

We have a couple of outings scheduled for August, but my sons and I are going to try and get to the mountains next weekend. Need somewhere peaceful to clear our heads for a bit.
              Staying DRY is what it is all about and a little shade from a hot sun isn’t bad either. www.Flibitygiget.com

Comment

A local Gun Forum group is planning a campout near town in late July, but on the opposite side from my AO. Should be fun. It will be on private farmland though, with NO facilites - real 'primitive' camping! :cool:
                Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                X