Summer 2011, Who's Campin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer 2011, Who's Campin?

Howdy Campateers...if you are planning a camping trip for the summer of 2011 and would like to share a little or a lot about where you're heading, who's going with you, what you wanna see and do....here's a thread to post up to! It will be great reading and seeing where everyone is planning on doing during the peak camping season of this year. According to Hoyle, or so I've been told, the prime season for camping is during the months of June, July and August. So post up what you're doing would love to hear from everyone! Thanks for reading and sharing a little of yourself. Just remember our motto: Every campout is just practice for the next one!:confused:
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Summer 2011, Who's Campin?

Made reservations for July and August over a month ago -- and couldn't believe that 99% of the lake sites were already booked. Anyway, we are so excited, we can't stop looking at the calendar.

In July we're going to Lake Dennison in Winchendon, MA (http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/central/lden.htm). This will be our first trip here. We've heard lots of good things about it from friends and co-workers.

And in August we're going back to Wells State Park in Sturbridge, MA (http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/central/well.htm). We camped here last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, those trips max out my vacation time, but next year, I get bumped up to 3 weeks, so we'll be able to do a week in June too. Yay!

On some weekends, if the weather cooperates, we'll hit the beaches in MA, RI, and ME.

Looking forward to a great summer! :cool:
    "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
    ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Working...
    X