• Show
Clear All

• We need a trip report section!

We need a trip report section!

Think we can throw one up somewhere? Maybe in "Camping Chat?"
    Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

"Valley of the Moons" area. 1 hour east of San Diego. 4wd area.

Student Veterans Union Annual Campout celebrating the Marine Corps Birthday and Veterans Day!

Marine Corps Cake Cutting Ceremony

And then of course a few photo ops!
    Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

Comment

Not a bad idea.

Maybe just a "Trip Report" sticky in the General Camping section?

Comment

I'd rather have a whole folder and not just a sticky. If we have a sticky then everybody would post and it wouldn't be as organized. I like seeing different places and it'll also make it so other members can look in the TRIP REPORT folder and look at other trips to places they want to go.:cool:
        Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
        USMC Retired
        Scout/Sniper

Comment

I like the idea! :cool:
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Aren't you supposed to put trip reports under the Where to Go section?
            May you always have love to share,
            Health to spare
            And friends that care.

Comment

Richard - love that 'cake knife'......!
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I'm thinking up in the "Campouts and Outings" section. It doesn't have to be a running thread, anyone can start a thread, but I suggest a person entitles their story like: "Trip Report:"then the place you went. If you want to get credit twice you could probably copy and paste it in the "Where to Go" section too, if ya think someone else might like to go there someday. If you include photos those too can be attached, which really helps but include some general pics of the campground that you went to. If the photos are really good you might consider placing them in the photo gallery too. The more places a person uses the better it is for everyone! Let's keep "General Chat" for just that....general type subjects related to camping. Thanks!
                Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                X