Poll: Where to Hold Meet-N-Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Where to Hold Meet-N-Greet

Posting this here but discussion is open in the Social Group, if you're a member and what to chat there, then go to your User CP and under networking, choose social groups and then pick your group and start chatting by leaving messages for other to read. Or we just stay here in general chat. Makes no never mind to me. But in a new thread is where polls are created.

Most folks I know won't commit unless they know details. Is a place central to US a good idea? For some, driving more than two days away isn't an option, gas is expensive, let alone getting that much time off from work(sure I'm retired...limited income...but most campateers aren't). Are regional meets better than just one in the center of the country? It's a long distance for many except those living close to the center.

When I'm in Reno, my door is always open for a meet-n-greet here. There are a couple of campateers from this vicinity whom haven't formally met, should we meet?

On to the Poll

BTW: I suggested Aug 3,4,5,6,7, 2012. I think 2011 is pushing it...but in two years we could do it. One night, pot-luck and maybe another day for breakfast and a laugh! Hey...I'm just thinking out loud...can any body hear me?
    Somewhere in the Middle of the U.S.?
    54.55%
    Northeast Regional Meet-n-Greet?
    18.18%
    Southeast Regional Meet-n-Greet?
    0.00%
    Northern Midwest Meet-n-Greet?
    9.09%
    Southern Midwest Meet-n-Greet?
    0.00%
    Northwest Meet-n-Greet?
    18.18%
    Southwest Meet-n-Greet?
    0.00%
    Outside of U.S. ie: Canada?
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by renodesertfox; 08-31-2010, 06:53 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

It seems that somewhere in the mid US would be a logical choice (but not Manhattan KS....lol)
    Perhaps we should poll where the members are from and use that criteria to narrow down a spot?

I certainly don't want to step on your toes RDF, you went to the trouble of setting up the above poll, lets see where the numbers go.

Comment

Originally posted by ontariocamper View Post
      It seems that somewhere in the mid US would be a logical choice (but not Manhattan KS....lol)
      Perhaps we should poll where the members are from and use that criteria to narrow down a spot?

I certainly don't want to step on your toes RDF, you went to the trouble of setting up the above poll, lets see where the numbers go.
      No way...stepping on toes...I'm the Ramrod and got shoulders broader than Paul Bunyan! If ya hurt my feelings I just go find another forum to join! Ha Ha!

Comment

I'm in for sure if we do it in the central part.If not with as much notice as we have I can probably make it anywhere.

Some of the sites around here (Central) have group sites big enough for 10-20 tents. Plus other sites throughout the park of course.

Comment

At least the ball is rolling along.....waitin for others to chip in coin. That is their $0.02. Adios fer now!

Comment

Somewhere central is good for me. While a few of us are in each 'region', it would be nice to have a more central location for more Campateers to ride in and get to know each other!
            Doesn't mean we can't also have some smaller regional get-togethers too!
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I am in pretty much where ever the choice is. I would prefer a place that I have never been camping which would be west of the Mississippi. I also think, depending on the date, that it be held where the temps are not 1000 degrees like it has been here in the south. I just heard on the news that East Tennessee has just experienced the hottest summer on record and I am tired of sweating.

It would be neat if we could have it in or near a national park so we could also spend visiting and hiking areas when were not enjoying the "shake & howdy". I think this is a great idea and it will take lots of planning to pull it off but anything worth doing is worth the time and energy invested.

Comment

This poll has been adjusted to run just 30 days. Everyone's response is needed, because, even though you may not belong to the social group "General message group" there is always the possibility that you may choose to show up when all is said and done and we will kick no one out for chewing gum in school, at least not while I'm the sheriff. Ha Ha!

Comment

Hmmm...Gotta think about this one
                  My Other Interest

Comment

I am excited about a meet and greet. The more I think about this a mid country location would be best. although that was not the area that I voted for. Then again I would prefer Tn since I have never camped there although I did live there for a number of years. SO I guess this means I am willing to go where the group picks....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RebeccaG View Post
                      I am excited about a meet and greet. The more I think about this a mid country location would be best. although that was not the area that I voted for. Then again I would prefer Tn since I have never camped there although I did live there for a number of years. SO I guess this means I am willing to go where the group picks....LOL
                      I think TN would be an awesome spot to hold it. :D

Comment

The Blue Ridge area around the corner of North Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina has some awesomely beautiful country. But it would be a long haul for our Western Campateers.......
                        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                        X