Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Often Do You Tent Camp?

Howdy,
    So how often do you tent camp? Me, I'm an off season camper and as many weekends as we can.
    Summer:1x
    5.26%
    Summer:2x
    7.89%
    Summer: 3x
    2.63%
    Summer: 4x or more
    10.53%
    Autumn: 1x
    5.26%
    Autumn:2x or more
    18.42%
    Winter: 1x
    13.16%
    Winter: never
    10.53%
    Spring: 1x
    7.89%
    Spring: 2x or more
    18.42%

The poll is expired.

Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

We schedule our Dual Sport meets, where we camp for the long weekend, in Winter (here in the Deep South) and Spring and Autumn up in NC and Tn.
    I also camp locally all year, when the mood takes me. Summer is sometimes tough with the heat and bugs though! I've been known to take a moonlight 'dip' to cool off - I always camp near a waterhole. Hopefully without gators...... :D
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Not enough...

This year we're going/went 6 times. However, one of those times is a week and a half trip to Rocky Mt National Park.

Plus, we do some faux camping. Like yesterday my wife had to work in the morning and I had to do yard work. In the mid-afternoon we loaded up the tailgating grill, fishing stuff, lawn chairs, and a cooler full of BEvERages and went to a lake 20 minutes away, and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening there. It was kind of like camping, but I slept in my own bed.

We live in the country. Where we live there is usually less people and less un-natural light than in most campsites. There just isn't any bodies of water (well except the septic lagoon, but who want to be near that)

In fact we're hosting a camping trip in a couple of weeks. The rest of our crew is coming here to camp.

Comment

Fall and Spring up in NW Montana. Now retired, I spend winters in Guatemala.

Comment

Howdy Pikehunter2,
          Welcome to paradise two; paradise one is camping itself!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I'm a Scoutmaster for one of my local Boy Scout troops. There wasn't enough options in the poll. We go camping every month. That's 11 times a year and we have one week long camp in the summer. My family and I go camping a couple of times a year during various seasons just depending on when we can get away.
            Scott W. McClure
            Photographer/Scoutmaster Troop 202
            Eagle Scout-BSA/Order of the Arrow-Vigil Honor Member

"You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day and only so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either." The late Galen Rowell.

Comment

Working...
            X