(?) for Families tent campers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (?) for Families tent campers

I am a 47 year old husband and father of 7, and have been a camper since I was 5. (1967 Apache Pop Green Canvas over Gold aluminum box)
    I spent 18 years as an mechanical engineer in the automobile industry, which, needless to say, at this point and time is not a favorable career.

I have been working a unique camping design that integrates tent with popup camping for about 7 years now. Before I make my first prototype I would like to be able to gather some Voice of the Customer information.

I have a few (?) for Families tent campers
    A) On average how much time is spent setting up your ONLY your sleeping quarters? (This will include the set up of your "main" tent, air mattresses, or cots and any other necessities you might consider for sleeping)
    B) How would you rate your sleeping experience while camping?
    C) What do you use to improve your sleeping experience?
    D) If it DOES RAIN during your stay, how would you rate the comfort level in you tent
    E) If you knew that inclement weather was headed your way what additional preparations would you make?
    F) How much time would it take you to make these preparations?

Thank you so much for your time ???

KunneKamper

Howdy KunneKamper,
    Whoa, there nelly! First of all let me welcome you to the camping boards! And I know it may seem like a canned speech, it is not...we all hope that your stay with us will be a long and happy one! Great intro from yourself! And a ton of questions, err I mean only six. I did see you lurking in the pop-up section and thought that other pop-up campers would say a big howdy before me. Allow me a little time sir and I shall get back to your questions soon in another follow-up post in a few hours or perhaps in the mean-time other registered campers here will chime in their thoughts and lend aid to your search. Once again thanks for joining.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Howdy,
      Here are my answers: hope this helps?

A) On average how much time is spent setting up your ONLY your sleeping quarters? (This will include the set up of your "main" tent, air mattresses, or cots and any other necessities you might consider for sleeping)
      Answer 45minutes
      Excellent
      2 ground cloths; 19" off the ground air-mattress;waterproof ground pads; Bathroom rugs, Mr. Heater 18,000 BTU p/hr tent heater; a folding chair; Thermal blanket; Extended degree sleeping bag zipped together. Weather radio; cards; a book; incense
      D) If it DOES RAIN during your stay, how would you rate the comfort level in you tent
      Answer: Excellent!
      E) If you knew that inclement weather was headed your way what additional preparations would you make?
      Answer: None
      Answer: What part of none is not understood!

Note: When we had our children living with us and went camping, setting up our tent was their responsibility and my wife & I set up the kids pup tents until they volunteered to set everything up, that was nice...I miss those days!
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-08-2009, 01:12 AM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I usually camp alone or with older buddies, but here's my zwei phennigs:

Answer: 20minutes

Good if using Bivytent, Excellent if using 3-man dome tent.

1 ground cloths; 4" off the ground air-mattress;waterproof GI Foam ground pads; a folding chair; Blanket if in spring/summer/autumn; 0 degree sleeping bag in winter. FM radio/CD player; a book; water bottle in tent, LED lantern.

Answer: Good!

Answer: Hang tarp over tent.

Answer: Ten minutes.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
        X