Browning Bighorn Cabin tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browning Bighorn Cabin tent

I have been keeping my tent in a Walmart tube outside with an old queen size blow up mattress over it for around a year in the backyard here in Tx. As far as I know it hasn't gotten wet. I am curious if it would have any chance of still being good? I only used it a handful of times and really loved the tent, I appreciate feedback so I can either get another one or go camping with it.
    Also I was curious if the stakes from Walmart that look like 10" over size nails are the best for camping and holding tent down or is there a better stake to use. I've always used the ones from Walmart so it would be nice to know. Thanks and God Bless.

Sorry I meant Walmart Tub with lid.

Comment

Sunlight (ultra-violet) is the enemy of all things plastic.... as long as the tub hasn't fallen apart (yet) the things inside are probably good . The blow up mattress may or may not hold air for long.

Nail type tent pegs do not hold well in sandy soil, but I still use them for the canopy (with extra hold down ties)... the last ones were cheaper at Harbor Freight 'though I haven't priced them for several years.
      So far the best tent pegs that I have found are those that look like an auger, or MacGuyver's lag screw idea (easier to find and cheaper)

Enjoy!
      Last edited by Happy Joe; 02-22-2024, 11:19 AM.
      2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
      For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
      Ground tents work best for me, so far.
      Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

The plastic tub has been covered by an old blow-up mattress that has a small hole in it. The tub is always dry as well as the tent, I guess I will need to take it to our Church and set it up and see It's condition. Thanks for your assistance, I will give it a good look and then try it out eventually when it's fairly nice weather.

Comment

Working...
        X