Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springbar Tent Chemical Smell?

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Springbar family camper tent because our family size has grown to the point of needing this much space, and I have fond memories of the canvas wall tent my parents used when I camped as a kid. I'm now on the third consecutive day of having it setup in my backyard to air out/season, and there is still a strong chemical odor inside the tent. At first I thought it was coming from the vinyl floor but after doing a sniff test (literally my nose on the floor sniffing in various locations) I've found it is coming from the canvas walls. Is this something normal for canvas tents (or Springbar's in particular)? I'm a little concerned by the smell since my wife is pregnant and is in that phase where she is extremely sensitive to smells.

Congratulations on your new Springbar family camper tent! It's normal for canvas tents to have a chemical odor due to treatments. Ventilate it well, place it in sunlight, and try baking soda or fabric softener sheets to reduce the smell. Ensure your wife's comfort, especially during pregnancy, and consider contacting Springbar's customer support for specific guidance.

Comment

Working...
    X