Camping tent; Coleman Sundome Vs Skydome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping tent; Coleman Sundome Vs Skydome

Looking at getting a new camping tent for my family but can't take decision berween these Coleman Sundome Vs Skydome. So looking for your opinion on which one you suggest.
    Preferably at least 3 seasons, not just a backpacking tent for the summer.
    Any suggestions guys?
    thanks
    Last edited by Johnnyz; 05-20-2022, 06:56 AM.

Neither are what I'd want for backpacking unless I had a pack mule to carry it.
    However for car camping in fair weather they are a good choice.
    The time honored admonition of getting a larger tent applies---for two campers get a 4-man tent, for four campers get a 6-man tent
    I had a Sundome and it's a good tent. You'll get several seasons out of it if you take care of it (keep it clean and dry)
    I'd prefer a full rain fly though, but I'm OCD
    They definitely can't handle a snow load.
    Within those parameters, it is a good tent and quite a bargain

Comment

I agree with the consensus that the Coleman is better for car camping. My wife and I had a Coleman Sundome 6 person (for the two of us & the pooch ;-) ). We used it for about 7 years until one day she tripped on the doorway and tore the fabric below the zipper at the bottom. It was repaired with duct tape and was still usable, but we decided the time had come to replace it (gave it to friends who only camp once a year or so at most). It was a great tent and always kept us dry, even in heavy downpours.

For backpacking and solo trips, I use a 2 man Eureka Spitfire (discontinued now, but something like the 2 man Midori would be a good choice).
      Where we've camped so far (as an adult...many more when I was a kid :-)

Comment

I would sooner rely on just a tarp than a tent without a full fly. I would look for a used Eureka or Kelty on ebay to get better quality on the same budget. People buy the good stuff then quickly decide they don't like camping often enough. Be sure to get one with full aluminum or galvanized poles; no fiberglass.

Comment

Yea definitly got some : https://sacco-lenzuolo.it

Comment

When choosing between the Coleman Sundome and Skydome tents for family camping in at least 3 seasons, consider your priorities. The Sundome is easier to set up and more portable, making it great for quick trips. On the other hand, the Skydome is roomier, more durable, and offers better weather resistance, making it a solid choice for those willing to invest a bit more. Consider your budget and camping preferences to make the right decision for your family's needs.

Comment

Working...
            X