Warm Camping Tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Camping Tents

I am a big fan of winter camping specially in the snow. Please suggest me the best warm camping tent.
    Last edited by MichaelBSines; 02-11-2022, 09:40 PM.

Winter camping can be fun! ... finding firewood under a heavy snow covering, less so.

I Jeep camp, often at around 9,000 feet; but rarely do winter camping anymore (getting/got too old)., so the following is not that applicable to backpackers...
    In my experience, though, warmth is best achieved by layered clothing and a warm sleeping bag (mine is layered like my clothing; outer warm bag, inner poncho liner (military) and finally an inner bag liner (cheap plush sleepover bag (wallymart)) IF it gets really cold I can wrap the bag in a rubberized, military, rain poncho but doing so means that I will have to, thoroughly, dry the bag and its layers out the next day ... I sleep only in boxers; and a stocking cap.

I use a cot with a foam pad (cut down 3 inch foam (including fingers) hospital bed pad) sometimes I also use the Coleman pad that came with the cot.
    I have a tendency to cold feet, and have tried many remedies, the best so far is a furry bathroom rug (walmart) that I can reach down and move from the floor to cover my feet, in the middle of the night.

My tent in the winter is usually a 9'x9' eureka dome; the same one I use for quick summer trips, not even a 3 season tent. I do reduce the vent area of the tent using clear flexible plastic over the vents (being careful to always leave adequate ventilation gaps).
    I regularly have had to get up to knock the snow off the tent.

I have tried a great many heaters but at best they only work well to warm the tent before entering or exiting the sleeping bag... be careful to always leave adequate vents in the ten when using an oxygen consuming device I DO NOT SLEEP WITH A TENT HEATER RUNNING.
    Every few years, around here someone will kill themselves trying to heat an RV, tent or enclosure using charcoal; learn form their demise.

Beware of hypothermia; a couple of folks once staggered into camp exhibiting the symptoms one winter. After warming them up I drove them back to town; If they hadn't found us they might have been found in the spring... or not.

Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I am also a big fan of camping specially in the winter. tell me the Best Pop Up Privacy Tent

Comment

For winter camping in the snow, a few top tent options include the Hilleberg Nallo 2 for its durability and ventilation, The North Face Mountain 25 known for its trustworthiness, MSR Access 2 for its balance of warmth and portability, Big Agnes Copper Spur HV Expedition for versatility, and the Black Diamond Eldorado for a durable single-wall design. Prioritize warmth, size, weight, and ease of setup when making your choice. Don't forget to invest in high-quality cold-weather gear like a four-season sleeping bag and pad for a comfortable winter camping experience.

Comment

Working...
        X