No announcement yet.

Looking a quick setup car camping tent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking a quick setup car camping tent.

The Gazelle T4 looks good, but I really want something with a vestibule. I want something with 6'4 or so interior height, and a length of 7.5-8' at least in one direction.
    And I want something with a fast setup.

The T8 is really too big.

The T4 has a removable floor, so I guess you could build a half inner tent or something like that, but thats a ton of work.
    And the T4 doesnt have much cover over the door which I would like.

Has anybody figured out a way to add a front porch to a T4?

Any other tents out there I should look at?

Thanks

Look at a Miner's teepee. One pole & four stakes. If there are sidewalls then eight stakes.
    Real quick and simple.

Comment

Not sure if this would help but it's kinda hard to find a tall tent for me wherein I could stand but while browsing some accessories found https://www.jeepsareus.com/sku/82212604.html. Luckily there is one specific for my Jeep but it's not as wide as I would like it but pretty good since I could attach it to my trunk.

Comment

I use 2 tents the quickest to set up and break down is a eureka 9x9 dome ( 6 foot center height but you can't wave your arms...)
        My favorite tent has almost the same footprint but is substantially larger inside (because the walls are vertical).
        it sets up moderately quickly and easily with 2 people but the set up and break down for one person is basically a pain/more work.

I would rather keep the tent separate from the vehicle so I can leave, wheel and come back to base camp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	camp LD 2018 50 DSCF0313.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.4 KB ID:	81767

Click image for larger version  Name:	9 10 21 tent 50 DSCF0336.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	81768

Enjoy!
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Ground tents work best for me, so far.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I started off with a popup tent and just last year upgraded to a coleman hampton 9 ppl tent. lots of space inside and I can walk around inside. Setup is also really easy. I love this new tent.

Comment

I looking tent for camping. Which truck tent is easy to set up.

Comment

There are a lot of other options that you might take into consideration.

Comment

Working...
              X