No announcement yet.

Small tent with hinged / swinging door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small tent with hinged / swinging door?

Hi there! I have a Coleman Elite Sundome, which comes with a hinged door. Seems like a minor thing, but I love that door so much! It's really convenient. However, this tent is way too big for just my son and me, so I'm now looking for a 2 to 4 person tent with a hinged door. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Alternatively, if I get a small tent with a D style door, do you think there's a way I could "DIY" it to make it a hinged door with velcro closures? Thanks in advance!

Re: Small tent with hinged / swinging door?

...Found a list of hinged door tents here;
    https://familycamptents.com/hinged-door-camping-tents/
    They appear to mostly be Coleman product (nothing wrong with that), the smallest is a 6 person dome; which would probably be fine for 2 people.

Hope it helps...
    Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I understand your love for the hinged door on your Coleman Elite Sundome tent. While 2-4 person tents with hinged doors may not be very common, you can explore brands like REI, Big Agnes, and Eureka for potential options. Converting a D-style door to a hinged one through DIY methods can be tricky and might affect the tent's integrity, so it's recommended to find a tent that suits your needs without modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X