Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best camping tent???

Hello,
    I want to know which camping tent is suitable to buy? and please tell me that from which brand I should purchase tents in Australia?

I have a Cherokee tent. Reasonable price and most important a waterproof shelter.

Comment

I like spacious tents. For our family of three, we bought the Coleman Montana Tent. When we go camping with someone else, our friends can easily rest in our tent too. It's spacious, sturdy, and comfortable. I haven't regretted the purchase.
      Last edited by ArtemMaccarthy; 08-14-2021, 03:26 AM.

Comment

We bought a massive tent for ten persons. It's Coleman WeatherMaster. It has a room divider which is perfect for our big family, of eight members.

Comment

IMO, the best tent for someone depends largely on how that person intends to camp;
          I recommend that people borrow a tent from a fried and see how they like it,

Backpackers have vastly different needs/wants than vehicle campers; minimum weight and bulk being paramount.

Tents are always over rated for the number of people they can shelter (my 9x9 dome is rated for 4-5 but is useableable for 2 people and better for one person.

The weather/climate also is a big influence; many tents have HUGE ventilation areas and while better for summer/hot weather camping, offer little to no protection from the cold. Close fitting/high coverage rain flies can, kind of, make up for this by partially blocking the wind. When I use my dome tent I almost always put clear plastic over the vents to almost completely block the wind (I typically camp at 9,000 + feet and the nights are usually chilly).

I generally prefer "Bath hub" style floors as they are usually more water resistant. (although they usually have a low barrier at the door that must be stepped over (trip hazard). .

I always protect the floor by laying and staking, a heavy silver tarp to the ground and putting the tent on top (grommets can be added to the tarp to fit it to the tent stakes). (with a bit of searching the tarp size can, usually be closely matched to the tent's foot print. I have tried pre-cut "footprints" and found then to be over priced nearly useless pieces of very light plastic (save your money, get a tarp).

I generally find that; heavy, awkward, slow to dry out after a rainstorm, canvas tents are usually warmer than tents made with thinner material; however All of my tents are either nylon or, I believe, polyester since it packs more compactly and is much lighter easier to handle.

I use one of 3 tents, for different length camp outs.

The most used and quickest/easiest to set up is a 9' x9' Eureka dome tent there are many styles/ brands on the market. Get one that you can stand fully upright in (usually only in the center... be aware that the last foot or more of dome tents, next to the wall,s is not really usable since the walls are sloped... thus my 9x9 is really closer to 7x7. It can house 2 people however if cots are used it becomes cramped and I would say it houses myself comfortably on a cot. with a chair and an end table.

My favorite is a cube tent (the brand name is "standing room" but there are others) that uses a canopy frame and roof to hold it up. It has great head room and the walls are vertical ; It is however chinese made and the chinese cannot apparently measure correctly; it is advertised as a 10 x10 but is really closer to 9.5 x9.5 or a bit smaller). It can comfortably house 2 people on cots, or 1 person with 2 chairs for visitors (inclement weather) and an end table or 2 . It, also, comfortably holds my cot a small table (with wash up gear) and the port-a-potty. (I vehicle camp)

For very long trips I use a 12 x 12 "outfitter" quality tent an older "Alaknak" tent from Cabellas . it can comfortably house 4 people, with a moderate amount of gear or 3 people with gear and a wood burning stove (I cannot recommend wood burning stoves). .

People that are into winter camping often invest in a 3 season tent. I just use the 9x9 dome, dress well and layer the sleeping bag for more warmth.

A number of folks use hammocks and no tent .

Enjoy!
          2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
          For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
          Ground tents work best for me, so far.
          Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

you should always search for best one

Comment

Choosing a camping tent in Australia depends on factors like size, weather, and budget. Brands like Coleman, OZtrail, Black Wolf, Darche, and Kathmandu offer a variety of options. Consider features such as waterproofing, durability, and ease of setup. Check reviews and consider your camping style—whether it's car camping or backpacking—to find the best fit for your needs.

Comment

Working...
              X