Interesting design (Wenzel Ballyhoo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting design (Wenzel Ballyhoo)

I really don't need another tent (already have a Sundome 8 the wife and I use and a Eureka Spitfire Duo I use when camping solo), but lately I've been attracted to small wall tents (mainly because I could use my Coleman cot while still keeping the tent small ).

If I do get another, it will probably be a small canvas from Kodiak, but while looking I stumbled across this inexpensive tent from Wenzel. Given the line it's part of, it'sl clearly a light duty tent, but the design is certainly eye catchingly unique. Anybody every see one of these in person or slept in one?

https://wenzelco.com/ballyhoo-2/

Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	73023
    Where we've camped so far (as an adult...many more when I was a kid :-)

Re: Interesting design (Wenzel Ballyhoo)

Not as unique as you might think. It instantly made me think about one of the Oztents. I can't say I like the awning design on either tent. The Oztent looks like the awning would catch and hold water and the Wenzel awning is so high up I can picture it not protecting from rain too well if it was blowing towards the front of the tent.

Edited to add: If you're really thinking about the two person Kodiak for your solo trips, I say go for it. It's such a good tent, so easy to set up, I haven't taken out my 10x10 Kodiak on my last three trips - and I don't see me hauling the big brother out any time soon.
    Last edited by MacGyver; 04-05-2019, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Good point on the awning...I'd initially figured one could just drop the awning during a heavy rain, but of course that would greatly cut the ventilation. Given the target market (they tout it as: " Our new Tribute Collection is meant for local jaunts, backyard gatherings, festival grooving, & general good time haven peeps." I doubt much thought was given to anything more than casual weather resistance.

Where we've camped so far (as an adult...many more when I was a kid :-)

Comment

i am not 1 for big tents, but have had good experience with wenzel tents
        my 1 person wenzel starlight is about 15 yrs old absolutely no complaints with product design or quality
        its my tent of choice for backpacking, prefer it over my $180 msr tent

Comment

Working...
        X