X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outing with the scouts

Had a great weekend with the scouts,
    for winter camps we usually have a cabin and camp sites,
    since these are cub scouts 6-10 yr olds, not all are ready for cold weather camping,
    we had lows of 20, but sure constant howling wind made it feel worse, even in a protected tent, constant wind still has an effect sapping what little heat is generated
    regardless those in the tents did great for youngsters,
    i spent most of the night shaking off the chills and checking on my son, as he slept through most of the night,
    we both had 20 degree bags, but gave him my liner and wool blanket which im sure helped

Re: outing with the scouts

That sounds about right. He slept like a log and you spent the night worrying and making sure all was right... :yes:
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

It sounds like your winter camp with the Cub Scouts was quite the adventure! Dealing with those low temperatures can be pretty challenging, especially with the howling wind making it feel even colder. Kudos to you for looking out for the young campers in those conditions.

Sharing your liner and wool blanket with your son was a really thoughtful gesture. It's impressive how resilient the kids can be, handling the cold and still managing to have a good time. Those moments where you're ensuring their comfort throughout the night truly show the spirit of scouting and parental care. How did the rest of the activities go during the camp? Any favorite memories or fun stories from this weekend's adventure?

Comment

Working...
      X