2019 Camping Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Camping Goals

2019 goals: If I have a perfect year, I will....

Done -
    yurt camp for the 1st time,
    Visited two of the three. 3rd trip cancelled. visit 3 new WI state parks (Wildcat Mountain, Rock Island & Big Bay),
    Designed, but not yet constructed - design and build a tarp,
    Got to only one of three - visit 3 new MI state parks (Porcupine Mountains, Pictured Rocks, and Sleeping Bear Dunes),
    Done - continue my once-a-month camping adventures for a 4th year,
    Done - camp with my cat at least once,
    not done - volunteer one weekend with the Ice Age Trail Alliance building trail and
    changed my mind on wanting to backpack - backpack camp one weekend.

**My best camping buddy got laid off from her job and she wasn't wanting to camp this summer. My plans changed a bit then.

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
      I did ok. Mostly it was getting used to camping alone. Hammock camped for the first time this year and loved it.
      I've completely switched over to a hammock. Which hammock were you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
        I've completely switched over to a hammock. Which hammock were you in?
        Its an Arizona Cardinals hammock. I think the brand is Logo so it isn't anything that is designed for serious camping but it is comfortable. I am too cheap to buy something better as long as I have this so I will use it until it wears out then get a 'real' hammock. I feel pretty confident I will realize what I have been missing and regret not doing it sooner LOL.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
          Its an Arizona Cardinals hammock. I think the brand is Logo so it isn't anything that is designed for serious camping but it is comfortable. I am too cheap to buy something better as long as I have this so I will use it until it wears out then get a 'real' hammock. I feel pretty confident I will realize what I have been missing and regret not doing it sooner LOL.
          I brought a recreational hammock with me when I tent camped until I learned that people sleep in hammocks overnight and those hammocks are usually longer. The hammock rule of thumb is take your height + add 4 feet and that's the minimum length it should be. I've found most rec hammocks are usually between 8.5 feet - 9.5 (Eno's are 9.5). Most sleeping hammocks are 11feet. That's kinda the standard. If you sew, you can purchase material and make one very inexpensively. RipstopByTheRoll and DutchWare Gear are my top go-to material and supply sites.

Comment

I have a camping goal in 2021 to visit Arizona and spend some there. Now a days trying to buy different camping products including tents and other stuff.

Comment

for people planning for camping check <a href="http://affordablemag.com/">affordable mag</a> tent reviews to assure you camping gear.

Comment

I'm thinking of going on a camp tri on you.

Comment

Working...
                X