• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art; a continuation of "No more sillk flower envy"

Rather than continue to hijack WackyPup's thread;
    http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...ck-Down-Tables
    ...ordered a Rohan banner...

...as seen in the LOTR movie (Théoden's throne room).
    Hopefully it is a better quality item.

Not really art, 'though kind of arty; I am considering a sailors' mirror, for shaving (and to break up the wallness of the tent)

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 01-12-2017, 08:54 AM.
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Re: Art; a continuation of "No more sillk flower envy"

If you're looking for more, check out medieval collectibles online. They have a lot of variety of stuff (from historical to fantasy). I've bought from them before and have been real happy with everything.

This is the shelf over the door of my RV. It's my tribute to my favorite historical persons (Hywel the Poet, King John, Llewelyn the Great, and Henry II - my Excalibur pendant hangs from the rear view mirror in tribute to King Arthur [and Nigel Terry]). And the Gargoyles are to keep me safe.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161127_130512.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	70726
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
      Rather than continue to hijack WackyPup's thread;
      http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...ck-Down-Tables
      ...ordered a Rohan banner...

...as seen in the LOTR movie (Théoden's throne room).
      Hopefully it is a better quality item.

Not really art, 'though kind of arty; I am considering a sailors' mirror, for shaving (and to break up the wallness of the tent)

Enjoy!

Love the banner....and the mirror too, but why shave while you are camping?
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
        Love the banner....and the mirror too, but why shave while you are camping?
        Mostly habit; no sense in looking and feeling any scruffier than I have to; and I gave up on beards and mustaches when the gray fur started to come out... not wanting to advertise an old dog...

Wish the banner was available in right and facing versions, since it is made by, I believe, a German flag company the pattern might be on both sides (only ordered one so that I could find out).

...Wanting a 12" mirror but the less expensive ones sold out over Christmas...may make one... (12" pizza/cake pan + mirror+ a woven para cord strap)...

Interior tent decorating any one?
        I have been thinking about cheap light weight curtains in two of thethe corners of the tent... big decision; beige/earthtone or contrasting red/orange...to break up the gray...

Enjoy!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Happy Joe; 01-13-2017, 07:19 AM.
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Ground tents work best for me, so far.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Working...
        X