REI garage sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REI garage sale

Just a heads up for all us spender/savers out there....REI's garage sale is Dec 31st (a Saturday morning)...Once a member always a member. No sleeping gear (bags, mats) but most everything else is eligible.

I'll be heading out to the Rancho Cucamonga store....so I can spend/save, spend/save, and spend some more....just look for the guy with empty pockets that'll be me.

OnTheHill.

Re: REI garage sale

My wife may never forgive you for posting this. However, I am in your debt, fwiw. lol

Comment

Maybe flowers, or something warm for her from REI as well.

Looks like I better stay outa' Texas for awhile.....(coupla other states have requested my abstinence also)

OnTheHill.

Comment

The garage sales are the only thing about REI that really bothers me. I don't mind paying a bit more money for products because they only hire knowledgeable people and they treat their employees well. Rare in this country anymore... But the garage sales... I don't know how they work it in other areas, but when I found out how they're done in Maryland, I swore I'd never go to one. Here they allow x number of people in the store at one time where they get x amount of minutes to grab whatever they want. With a no refund policy on top of that, it screams, "Hurry up and grab something and hope you didn't make a mistake in your impulse purchase". Nope. Won't be running to a store to stand in line and get my 15 or whatever minutes to grab, pay and run.

Comment

Hmmm... Well, now. That's a horse of a different color. Glad to learn that.

Comment

Originally posted by HBar View Post
            Hmmm... Well, now. That's a horse of a different color. Glad to learn that.
            I would call the store you were going to and see how they handle it. It might not be as screwed up as here.

Comment

At my closest store REI doesn't own the property. The property owner doesn't want the "dreaded campers" to camp out over night in the parking lot. The sale begins at 10am...at about 9:15 they'll begin to hand out wrist bands of different colors and you'll take your turn by color lot. (lottery).

I'm not really a believer in protecting people against themselves....if they can't control their spend/buy impulses then who am I to instruct. It is a "garage" sale....understand it as such....otherwise remain a victim in life....take responsibility or become whatever you think life "allows" you to be.

I've never taken the time for this particular sale (meaning that I'll have to go to the city to participate) but if I can't pull that tent out of it's sack to check it out then I'm not interested. How big a chance am I taking is relative to the discount...but I recognize the risk and accept it as such. Take responsibility and enjoy....isn't it all a game anyway!

OnTheHill.

Comment

Working...
              X