1-1-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-1-17

Anyone planning on camping on 1-1-17 or new years ? i want to but have not picked a spot....Would like to go to snow line and have a really nice fire.....It would be just be me and my dog (cork)....
    Jack
    Thrift store tent
    Marmot Tungsten 4p

Re: 1-1-17

I won't be camping 1/1/17 but I hope to do some camping later in the month.

Comment

Originally posted by action View Post
      Anyone planning on camping on 1-1-17 or new years ? i want to but have not picked a spot....Would like to go to snow line and have a really nice fire.....It would be just be me and my dog (cork)....
      Jack
      I had honestly not considered it.......until now.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by action View Post
        Jack
        Prolly not... would have to go a considerable distance south and or down hill to get to snow line.
        ...and tree line is way to cold & windy this time of year, however, I'm certain camping would not be at all crowded...

...Will likely sit in front of the fireplace and tell Useless (the cat) "Happy New Year" when the guns and fireworks go off...

Enjoy!
        Last edited by Happy Joe; 12-11-2016, 10:36 AM.
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Ground tents work best for me, so far.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I'm thinking of going to Death Valley sometime in January. I haven't decided when exactly though. I've never been there. I'm looking at camping at Wildrose campground, which is at 4,000' so it should have some snow around there.

Comment

I haven't gone out for New Years Eve in ages - not a fan of Amateur Drunk Night. It would most likely be a solo trip, but I just might go for it on the long weekend.

Comment

I usually try to do some sort of hiking trip on 1/1

Comment

Camping or hiking New Year's Day sounds like a beautiful start to the year yet doubt if I'll do more than walk through a local park and take lots of pics. I'm staying close to home for the remaining weeks to..."absorb " the memories of current surroundings.

New Year's Eve, the plan is to have our traditional fish dinner minus guests but still with a formal dining setting. Won't sit in the dining room though as I want to move a small table and place it in front of a living room's window, view the night sky and fireworks. Peace on Earth and goodwill to All.
                Last edited by NYCgrrl; 12-14-2016, 03:21 AM.
                2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
                X