Cot bed roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cot bed roll

So we purchased some cots for our tent sleeping. Wife did not want to sleep on ground. Well the cot I slept on felt worse than the ground. What do you use to put some padding down. I'm a 250 pound guy and it seems the small bed roles are so thin it would not help me much.
    Thanks

Re: Cot bed roll

There is always an air matress.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by remist17 View Post
      So we purchased some cots for our tent sleeping. Wife did not want to sleep on ground. Well the cot I slept on felt worse than the ground. What do you use to put some padding down. I'm a 250 pound guy and it seems the small bed roles are so thin it would not help me much.
      Thanks
      Do you have a link or name/model to the cot you are using?
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Walmart cot. Not sure the make. It was the only ones rated for 250#. My big butt does fit on some. I really did not want to get these from Walmart but I went to all the sporting good places and they did not have any the fit me. So I guess I got what I paid for. I was hoping that I could just add a think roll.

Comment

Originally posted by remist17 View Post
          Walmart cot. Not sure the make. It was the only ones rated for 250#. My big butt does fit on some. I really did not want to get these from Walmart but I went to all the sporting good places and they did not have any the fit me. So I guess I got what I paid for. I was hoping that I could just add a think roll.
          WM seems to sell a lot of different cot styles. Perhaps looking at this link will give ya the "Aha moment!":

http://www.walmart.com/browse/sports...075006_1080604
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I tortured myself for several years trying to use an accordion style cot from wallymart /ozark. I was able to get a semi decent nights rest using a combination of the air mattress and a self filling foam & air sleeping pad (until the air mattress gave up the ghost).
            I really didn't understand how uncomfortable it was until I was given a Coleman cot with springs around the edge and about a 2" foam pad. it slept OK but once I added a thick hospital egg crate foam mattress pad (cut down to fit) it got really comfortable...
            The only downsides of the Coleman is its folded size & weight.

Enjoy!
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

The cot we have is the Rio adventure easy open camp cot with weight capacity 300#. Can anyone that uses bed rolls tell me good places to get them and a decent one that doesn't break the bank?

I'll look into the Coleman cot. Does amazon carry or what location to get from?

Comment

Mine came form wallymart, look for the springs around the edge and the included covered foam pad.
                I think it is this one;
                http://www.coleman.com/comfortsmart-...9.html#start=7

Cabella's has a mattress/cot pad that I have considered several times (amazon used to have virtually the same item cheaper but I don't see it now).
                Note I haven't tried these so this is not really a recommendation.
                http://www.cabelas.com/product/Campi...3Bcat104484780

Enjoy!
                2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                  There is always an air matress.
                  This^ We bought cots last year and while I was fine on them, the wife wasn't.
                  I now have a major back issue and the wife was 7 months prego on the last trip. She decided she wanted to add an air mattress to cots. What a difference!

Comment

Well we got a queen and a full size air mattress. I could not find a bed roll that was thick enough for me that was not over 70 dollars. We bought both air mattresses for 30bucks. I figure if they blow a hole Im out 30 dollars only.

We will see the first time out how bad they are.

Comment

Those big air mattresses are fine (as are cots or hammocks too), now that it's summer. Once temps drop, you'll need piles of insulation, a heater, or electric blankets to overcome the tendency of an air mattress or cot to vacuum the heat out of you while you sleep. The alternative most campers used is called a self-inflating sleeping pad, and they come in a wide variety of thicknesses, widths, lengths, and price points. Just look for an R-Value on the product of 5.0 (thermo neutral) or better and you're there. A thick pad on the hard ground is the warmest option for tent camping, outside of that heater or electric blanket/mattress pad.
                      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

We got the disco cam bunk bed system @Costco for 356.00 it included the extenders and foot pads. We got the extra large for the width and length becuz of my bf he is tall. They are so comfy but very heavy they are made of steel but will last a lifetime time.

Comment

Working...
                        X