InternaL tent floor covering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InternaL tent floor covering?

What do you all put on your tent floor when camping?, we inherited a Jack Russell Terrior around 40 months ago and he's been camping with us 1 time in our old coleman tent. Bingo was thrown out of a car a year before we got him, he's the ultimate poster child for Jack Russells and do to getting him and his ruffER days we take him along with us when we go places over night. I was thing about the foam garage mats that interlock, have never used them though. Will be getting a new tent next month probably 10 x 15 so I want something to put down on the floor to protect it from the dog and us coming in and out of tent.

Re: InternaL tent floor covering?

I use a plastic rug similar to the ones found in front of some RVs. My version is fold-able and like the others easy to clean with a hose and soapy water for messy moments and a broom for normal usage. You can find many different styles and patterns here:

http://madmats.com/

HTH!
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I've been using this 8x8 Nemo tent blanket:

http://www.nemoequipment.com/product...ory+Blanket+4P

I'll probably replace it with the 10x10 PahaQue tent rug:

http://www.pahaque.com/pq/product.as...ret_id=1455119

when its back in stock for a better fit for the 10x10 tent.

Comment

I put a heavy duty tarp down. Catches all the dirt and debris as well as protects the tent floor. Not as soft as the mats though.

Comment

Home Depot's cheapest, on clearance, indoor/outdoor carpeting, cut to size.

Comment

I tried a section of quite heavy, thick rubber once (way too heavy awkward for a second use).
            I have used silver tarps (cut to size)... they work well but are cold on the feet if you getup in the middle of the night...It is easier to sweep than a carpet though.
            I briefly considered a canvas tarp for interior floor protection (people used to use them with painted patterns, in houses, before carpet got cheap).
            I also considered interlocking anti fatigue mats (from Harbor Freight) but for my particular tents the bulk & weight is greater than tightly rolled cheap carpet)
            But decided to go with cheap/disposable carpeting for the newest tent... I roll it tight with the fuzzy side out (reduces lifted/curled up ends/corners) then use straps to keep it rolled when packed.
            A silver tarp as a ground cloth protects the tent floor from underneath.
            A section of carpet/floor mat next to the door (inside and outside) helps control tracked in dirt/sand debris.

Enjoy!
            Last edited by Happy Joe; 01-14-2016, 06:29 AM. Reason: easier to sweep siilver tarp
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
              I've been using this 8x8 Nemo tent blanket:

http://www.nemoequipment.com/product...ory+Blanket+4P

I'll probably replace it with the 10x10 PahaQue tent rug:

http://www.pahaque.com/pq/product.as...ret_id=1455119

when its back in stock for a better fit for the 10x10 tent.
              How long have you had the Nemo? Is it the size or material that makes you want to replace it? Didn't know Paha Que made a floor rug so good to increase my knowledge base:cool:.
              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                How long have you had the Nemo? Is it the size or material that makes you want to replace it?.
                I've only had the Nemo rug a few months, and I like it fine. No complaints about the material at all. It may be nicer than the PahaQue, for all I know. When I got it I had just bought a Nemo Wagontop ~8x8 tent that it fit, but I ended up returning the tent, keeping the rug, and getting a PahaQue Pamo Valley 10x10 tent, to get more standing headroom. It just seems that it would be a little nicer if the rug covered the entire floor area inside the tent for both protection and aesthetics.

Comment

I bought a couple moving blankets from Harbor Freight for the floor we got three dogs I think it will do the trick?

Comment

I use a painter's canvas drop cloth. Works great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ICKO6A..._gh2Swb2QG4TGG

Comment

As you can see from the great variety of responses above, anything will do.

I knew a guy who used old felt sheets from a paper machine... he got them for free, so why not.

Get something that will lay flat without moving around much. You will appreciate some thing that is easy to clean or disposable.

Comment

I'm looking for a 5m x2.5m LIGHTWEIGHT tent carpet. I've picked a few up at our local Towsure and can't believe how heavy they were.
                        Payload restricted on our m/home and what with the weight of the Safari Room need something light & hardwearing.
                        Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
                        Thank you

Comment

To protect your tent floor while camping with your Jack Russell Terrier, consider using interlocking foam garage mats. They're durable, easy to clean, and provide insulation and cushioning. Ensure they fit your tent's dimensions, securely interlock, and add a waterproof ground tarp for extra protection. Don't forget to make Bingo comfortable with a cozy dog bed or blanket inside the tent.

Comment

Working...
                          X