Clear All

Re: disc-o-bed cam-o-bunk

amazon large 199
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._al_bw_g468_i3
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

This is definitely going to be something I look into getting for my two boys. I have the big agnes big house 6 and I believe the inside height at highest point is 75 inches. Do you think this bunk bed style cot would fit in the big house 6 with enough head room?

Comment

The Kodiak is 78" and it fits in there with plenty of headroom so I think it will fit in the Big Agnes. We use the leg extensions with ours that adds 7" to the height and they still fit with room to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by drake2 View Post
          This is definitely going to be something I look into getting for my two boys. I have the big agnes big house 6 and I believe the inside height at highest point is 75 inches. Do you think this bunk bed style cot would fit in the big house 6 with enough head room?
          Place it against a side wall and I think you should be fine. The overall height of the XL version I got ( I finally checked which version I have) is 64". You'll prolly have to move the beds away from the walls but that just creates space for duffel bags and such.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Here are the dimensions from their website... These are for the XL model.

Outer dimensions: 81.75” (208cm) L x 39.5” (100.5cm) W x 36.5” (92.5cm) H
            •Sleep area: 79” (201cm) L x 34.5” (88cm) W
            •Height of bottom cot: 11.25” (28.5cm)
            •Height of top cot: 32” (81.5cm)
            •Pack dimensions: 40.25” (102cm) L x 16.25” (41.3cm) W x 11.25” (28.5cm) H
            •Weight of bunk: 63lbs (29kg)
            •Shipping weight (in box): 74lbs (33.5kg)
            •Weight tolerance: 500lbs (226kg) – per single cot

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
              So here's my question: in the couch configuration, can an adult sit sideways (with a pillow against the side) with an 85lb dog at the other end and an 85lb dog sprawled across me in the middle? Batdog really dislikes sitting around outside - she's a lapdog.
              Weight wise sounds like the XL would work but I dinna try the sofa configuration this summer. Thinking back I suspect back pillows would be needed to keep legs from dangling.
              2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Where did you get them for $100 off? Cute video!

Comment

I walked into Cabelas not even looking for it and saw it on sale so just grabbed the 2nd to last one.

Comment

Yeah the cheapest I've seen them is 299.00 . We're gonna get them just have to save the bucks. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                      I have them and love them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhu3EjjXbM is a little vid my son made of ours. The down side is that they are bulky and heavy.
                      Didn't see your vid before but have to say:
                      Your son is ADORABLE!!!!!!!:yipi:
                      2017:

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                        Didn't see your vid before but have to say:
                        Your son is ADORABLE!!!!!!!:yipi:
                        Thanks, he my best camping buddy.

Comment

Finally ordered the xlarge with a set of extenders and foot pads. Got it threw Costco 356.00 for the bundle free shipping and had to pay 16.00 extra because I'm not a member. It was originally 319.00 which if anyone is a member that is the cheapest out there. But it includes everything

Comment

Originally posted by debx77 View Post
                            Finally ordered the xlarge with a set of extenders and foot pads. Got it threw Costco 356.00 for the bundle free shipping and had to pay 16.00 extra because I'm not a member. It was originally 319.00 which if anyone is a member that is the cheapest out there. But it includes everything
                            I think you'll be happy with the new purchase. If you are handy with a sewing machine a Velcro'd toiletry bag is easy to make and a great place to put bottled water and such.
                            Last edited by NYCgrrl; 05-09-2016, 09:38 AM.
                            2017:

Comment

We have used ours several times now and we are extremely happy with our purchase. We even use it when we have company and set it up in our spare bedroom. It is so much more comfy than the futon with the support bar in the middle. We use sleeping pads with them which I would recommend when camping to keep the ground coolness away. Good luck with your Cam-O-Bunk.........

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                                We have used ours several times now and we are extremely happy with our purchase. We even use it when we have company and set it up in our spare bedroom. It is so much more comfy than the futon with the support bar in the middle. We use sleeping pads with them which I would recommend when camping to keep the ground coolness away. Good luck with your Cam-O-Bunk.........
                                Another satisfied user: cool:. Right now we just use blankets and a sheet because we camp by the beach;excess heat not needed.
                                2017:

Comment

Working...
                                X