Looking for Northern California tent-sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Northern California tent-sites

that are below 10 dollars a night, or, free BLM/Fed.

I am looking at Matthole in the Lost Coast strip in CA. It's lovely, but I am concerned about being alone camping in a tent. I have done it a lot although there were always other sites inhabited. The best part of camping for me is doing my photography, but also, meeting new folks, sharing experiences etc.

I would love to form a group but we all know how hard that can be. Many of the campers I am meeting are in different States, and are not into camping Northern Cal.

I am independent, and just would like to meet others that love to tent-camp and possibly be able to meet-up so if solo, we would at least have a neighbor or two if we can match up on where to camp

Denise

Re: Looking for Northern California tent-sites

www.freecampsites.net
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Where abouts in nor cal you looking? Me and my dog tent camp but not as much as we would like.
      Jack
      Thrift store tent
      Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

I'm in Northern California and do photography also. Usually I camp in the sierras. But, I have a small RV rather than tent camping...

Rather than asking camping forums for "meet ups", have you tried local photography clubs?
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Working...
        X