Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Browning Camping Big Horn Tent

Hello everyone!

I'm planning a family car-camping trip down by Austin, TX in early June.
    Texas weather changes every 10 minutes and I want to make sure it doesn't get ruined by a poorly made decision regarding our new tent purchase.

We're a family of 5 which consists of me, wife, mother-in-law, teenager and a 2 yr old.

I recently stumbled across this tent on Amazon and would like to get some opinions on it from some veteran campers here.

Browning Camping Big Horn Family/Hunting Tent

I also have a discount on this tent, bringing it down to $225 with free shipping.

Curious as to whether this tent would be sufficient for our family or should I keep looking? My max budget for a tent is $300 and would like to make sure our family has room to stretch their legs while staying dry in case it rains.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Advice on Browning Camping Big Horn Tent

This design of this tent allows a lot of rain inside through the exposed windows (lack of full rain fly). If you go with it, be sure to have it securely tied down as the rain fly is a natural sail. For its cost vs. design, I'd heat to CostCo or WallyWorld and get something cheaper...until you can invest in something of quality from REI. Two smaller tents will work a lot better than something this big for a lot of reasons, but you won't get good ones at your price point - even buying new at auction, you'll have to shell out about $500.00 for a pair of good tents. I'd be at CostCo right now.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Re: Advice on Browning Camping Big Horn Tent

Thanks tplife. I think I'll just save up for a Kodiak Canvas then.

Comment

Working...
      X