Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Lights?

Hello - new to the forums.

We are tent camping again after a long pause. I am looking for some good campsite lights, like string lights, etc. I guess the plastic owls are out of style, so what has taken their place?

Thanks in advance, look forward to reading thru the forums.

chaz
    (PS - Yes, I searched but came up nil)

Re: Camp Lights?

Do your thing ! My sister has a big camper and I found them CORN lights at a yard sale. She does not like where she lives way out on a previous corn field. Therefor she gets teased a lot. Loves the lights and they work great.

Comment

I have a string of white LED solar lights I sting along my shelter. Not real bright but it makes it easy to get around my site without attracting bugs. Got them on Ebay.

Comment

All I'm using currently are the citronella torch lamps. They are multipurpose which is all good in my life.
        ETA: I think I need to clarify. I put the torch lamps around the perimeter of the tents and use tasks lights (Snowpeak) to play board games and light the interior of one tent. The other tent has a Coleman(?) for ambient light.
        Last edited by NYCgrrl; 05-06-2015, 07:42 PM.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Halloween pumpkin lights never go out of fashion. Chili pepper lights let's everybody know you are a party station. Chinese paper lanterns are exotic and let's everybody know that your drinks probably have rum in them. Clown faces let's everybody know to stay away from your campsite.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Halloween pumpkin lights never go out of fashion. Chili pepper lights let's everybody know you are a party station. Chinese paper lanterns are exotic and let's everybody know that your drinks probably have rum in them. Clown faces let's everybody know to stay away from your campsite.
            ...and you are a rabid Stephen King fan, LOL.
            2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

How about LED rope lights? They don't draw a lot of power, (most) can be extended to extra long lengths and they don't get tangled up like chilis, pumpkins, clowns etc. when they're put away.

Comment

You could use a bucket light. They are easy to travel with and give good light. You can also decide what color or brightness of bulb to use. Search my post from a while back for a link. Caution the post turns to wild ranting about lights in campgrounds and camper behavior.

Comment

Since I hate bugs, we go for a "less is more" approach. One or two coleman lanterns at the edges of the camp site (usually just one), and two LuminAID inflatables hanging closer to the table.
                  Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
                  Nights under the stars:
                  2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
                  2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Originally posted by CMPR1966 View Post
                    You could use a bucket light. They are easy to travel with and give good light. You can also decide what color or brightness of bulb to use. Search my post from a while back for a link. Caution the post turns to wild ranting about lights in campgrounds and camper behavior.
                    You mean this one?

http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...2-Bucket-light

Oh and just an FYI ....ya need to work on yer ranting skills. There are many many people who are more rabid about it than you:D.
                    Oh and I'm still giggling my arse off about the thread from another forum about couples sitting alone in the dark. At their campsite. Speaking to noooo one..scary and completely suspicious:he:.
                    2017:

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymw View Post
                      Since I hate bugs, we go for a "less is more" approach.
                      That's why I came up with a 3-watt LED flood light at the top of a 12 foot gold ball retriever handle clamped to a table or strapped to a tree. It puts the light way above our heads so the bugs congregate up there. 3 watts LED is about the same as 50 watts halogen, draws next to no juice on a small gel cell, and puts out just enough light to see where you're walking, what you're cooking, or whatever.

Comment

Three coleman lanterns (with directional shades on them) on coleman tripods will light up the entire campsite at night. When we go to bed, we turn the lights out. We hope others do too...
                        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

The only lights I used to leave burning all night were the solar path lights used at the tents doorways. Didn't give off enough light to disturb anyone's sleep but finally decided that the dollar @ piece lights that only lasted a season before the bulbs failed were a false economy and unnecessary.
                          2017:

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Keystone-Produ.../dp/B001H54EA4
                            Keeps the riff-raff away. Oh, wait - I AM the riff-raff!
                            2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
                              http://www.amazon.com/Keystone-Produ.../dp/B001H54EA4
                              Keeps the riff-raff away. Oh, wait - I AM the riff-raff!
                              I bet if you spent the winter making this set up and then interspersing the shell cases with the beer cans you'd have a statement of awesome proportions: yanno like bring your own beer on pain.......

http://cheezburger.com/6280382208

:D
                              2017:

Comment

Working...
                              X