Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Backyard test run

Lol!

We do charcoal over the actual fire pit. Only hot thing on the table top is a single burner propane for heating up coffee water
    Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
    Nights under the stars:
    2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
    2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

I went ahead and ordered the tarp. Should be here Wednesday!
      Nights under the stars:

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymw View Post
        I went ahead and ordered the tarp. Should be here Wednesday!
        Yea! I think you'll be happy with it. I typically use it in the "flying diamond" pattern (poles at each end of the main seam). Check out some youtube vids on set-up and give it a go in the backyard for practice. I usually lay it out and stake and loosely guy out the wings (the corners without poles). Then stake and guy out 2 lines at 90 degree angle from the main pole corners of the Noah. Loop the grommet of the Noah on your tarp pole tip, loop each guy out line on top of the Noah (and tarp pole tip) and raise the pole. This will stabilize the pole and hold it upright. Then, grab the Noah from underneath and walk down the seam line, holding it, keeping tension until you get to the other pole corner. Insert the second pole's tip into the grommet, loop the staked guy lines over the pole tip and raise that pole. Go around and adjust each guy line and each of the poles until you get the height you want and the proper tension on each guy line. Sounds difficult, but it really goes quickly and is easy once you do it. You'll have that "aha" moment. From then on, it's fast (even faster if two of you raise it up). The more you use it, the better you'll get at knowing how to configure it to the conditions.

Fyi...in windy conditions, I attach an additional guy line with carabiners to the main corner pole connections at the Noah's nylon loop. Not only does it add to the safety and strength of the "hold", it really helps when taking it down when it's windy as the entire tarp is still staked and held at each of the 4 corners even when you drop the poles. Gives you time to fold it up using the wind to your advantage (by picking the corner you want to undo first) rather than having it blow all over. I also carry some additional guy line cord already pre-tied with a line adjuster and a carabiner at the end. If you need to...you can quickly clip the carabiner to one of the Noah's nylon loops along the edge and stake that line down. No need to tie a knot. Really fast way to add a line if you need to.
        2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

If I may ask, what make of tent is the orange-ish one?

Comment

It's a eureka copper canyon 4
            Nights under the stars:

Comment

Working...
            X