Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent or Hammock

Hi!
    My Boyfriend and i are camping this vacation.

I am wondering of it is best to bring tent or hammock w/ mosquito nets?

but i don't know if there a hammock for two? do you know any website?

what do you recommend a tent or hammock?

Thanks!

Re: Tent or Hammock

I camp both ways, and prefer to hammock camp due to a bad back; that said the Clark Vertex is one of the only real 2p hammocks... Most others are really just extra large 1p hammocks and you'll just end up squished together at the hips.
    There is also the option of hanging 2 1p hammocks side by side under the same large tarp if your tree straps lead off opposite sides of the same trees.( this is how I hammock camp with my 6 yr old son)
    You will probably enjoy yourself more in a tent as you will have more room, especially if you get rained in, but I would suggest to use a 3p tent as a minimum so you have some storage space, and one with a vestibule for possible cooking with door open if raining.
    Do your research and find something that suits your needs, but in my opinion the most important choice you can make concerns the tents waterproof ratings and ability to breathe... In other words your better off with a breathable netted tent with a rain fly.
    Good luck and have fun
    John

Comment

The Clark vertex is one of the only true 2p hammocks out there... Most others are just extra large 1p hammocks that you end up squished at the hips. The other option for hammock camping is to take 2 1p hammocks and string them up side by side on the same tree, each with its tree straps on opposite sides of the tree. You can use one tarp this way and this is how I hammock camp with my 6 yr old son.
      I think you will probably make out better with a 3p tent... Something with a vestibule, screen inner, and rain fly outer. My best advice...do your research before you buy.
      Good luck and have a great time!
      John

Comment

The Clark vertex is one of the only true 2p hammocks out there... Most others are just extra large 1p hammocks that you end up squished at the hips. The other option for hammock camping is to take 2 1p hammocks and string them up side by side on the same tree, each with its tree straps on opposite sides of the tree. You can use one tarp this way and this is how I hammock camp with my 6 yr old son.
        I think you will probably make out better with a 3p tent... Something with a vestibule, screen inner, and rain fly outer. My best advice...do your research before you buy.
        Good luck and have a great time!
        John

Comment

I'm thinking a tent would give you more, um, "versatility". Never tried it in a hammock - could have possibilities.
          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
          X